Jaguars are the best at being the worst.
Even with a win on Sunday, the Jaguars enter the offseason as the No. 1 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, thanks in part to the Lions notching the Packers in Week 18.
It’s the Jaguars’ second consecutive No. 1 overall pick: In 2021, the team selected quarterback Trevor Lawrence, who looked like the player many had hoped would come out of Clemson.
Jacksonville was rescued by the Lions, who earned a victory of their own over the Packers in Week 18. With both teams winning, the draft order at the top remains the same as in Week 18.
While the No. 1 and No. 2 picks are closed, there’s still a lot of draft order business to be decided in the remainder of Week 18: The Jets play in an afternoon slot, facing the Bills, and they could jump. back to No. 4 overall if they lose.
MORE NFL DRAFT 2022: SN’s Latest Mock Draft | Big Top 100 board
2022 NFL Draft Order
Here’s how the 2022 NFL Draft order looks after the NFL Week 18 games.
(Last update after the Week 18 game listing at 1pm ET. This story will be updated).
|one||Jacksonville Jaguars *||3-14|
|two||Detroit Lions *||3-13-1|
|3||Houston Texans *||4-13|
|4||New York Giants||4-13|
|5||New York Jets||4-12|
|6||Carolina Panthers *||5-11|
|7||New York Giants (via CHI)||6-11|
|8||New York Jets (via SEA)||6-10|
|10||Washington football team||7-10|
|fifteen||Philadelphia Eagles (via MIA)||8-8|
|17||Philadelphia Eagles (via IND)||9-8|
* Guaranteed draft position
– The Eagles currently have three first-round picks, including the Colts’ first-round pick as part of the Carson Wentz trade. For the selection to become a first round, Wentz must play ≥75 percent of the plays this year OR Wentz plays ≥70 percent of the plays and Indianapolis makes the playoffs, conditions that were essentially met as of the Week 16.
– The Giants currently hold the Bears’ first-round pick, which was sent as part of a draft trade Chicago made to select quarterback Justin Fields in 2021.
– The Dolphins currently have the 49ers first-round pick as part of a pre-draft trade. San Francisco selected quarterback Trey Lance in third place overall in 2021.
– The Jets currently have the Seahawks’ first-round pick as part of the 2020 Jamal Adams trade.
– Picks Nos. 19-32 are owned by teams currently in the picture of the NFL playoffs.
Defense is the name of the game in the 2022 NFL Draft.
Featured by the top two passing runners, Kayvon Thibodeaux of Oregon and Aiden Hutchinson of Michigan, this year’s class of defenders could prove to be building blocks for teams looking to increase their weight in D.
After the edge group, NFL squads might salivate with secondary options: LSU cornerback Derek Stingley is a former consensus All-American, including earning a nod from Sporting News in 2019, and it could be a of the top five teams in April. Scouts and analysts have named Stingley the best CB prospect in this year’s draft.
Joining Stingley in a solid secondary group is Notre Dame’s Kyle Hamilton, who could also be a good bet to be the first DB off the board. The Fighting Irish safety was named by consensus All-American last season, and for good reason: He scored three interceptions for one of the best defenders in the nation and was named a finalist for the Bednarik Award in 2021.
On the offensive side of the ball, teams looking for salvage quarterbacks will have options, though it remains to be seen whether or not there will be a bona fide number one quarterback emerging before the draft: North Carolina’s Sam Howell was last in. declare, join Kenny Pickett from Pittsburgh and Matt Corral from Ole Miss.
Cincinnati’s Desmon Ridder and Liberty’s Malik Willis are also expected to enter the 2022 NFL Draft.
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.