Currently, the cybersecurity sector is taking an increasingly important role in digital transformation processes. The sociopolitical situation that we are experiencing at an international level, as well as the increase in online and cloud data traffic, have led to a significant growth in cyberattacks between countries and also in the business world. In this sense, the leaders of private companies, in the process of digital Transformation, they are also becoming aware that they need to improve their data protection. Having teams that know why it is so important to be protected and with the right tools will be key in the future.
As a result of the pandemic, 92.9% of companies were forced to speed up their digitization processes, according to a report by the World Economic Forum. Every year the number of cyberattacks increases, in fact, the Cybersecurity Insights Report 2022 ensures that these have grown by 15% in the last three years. On the other hand, the management teams of the companies are looking for a way to have a qualified team made up of diverse profiles that contribute creativity and innovation and that are one step ahead of possible attackers.
Cybersecurity is one of the most important challenges during the digital transformation process. The value of the information and data published or stored on the network must be taken into account because, in the event of a cyberattack, it may no longer be private, which can lead to major problems, such as theft of confidential information, access to bank accounts or breach of the RGPD.
Cybersecurity is one of the most important challenges during the digital transformation process
But what are the keys to achieving a secure digital transformation? the experts of the Valley sheds light on this topic:
- Multidisciplinary professionals in digitization and cybersecurity. Companies must bet on cybersecurity and invest in the necessary tools and training to have technical profiles that know the processes globally and what steps are necessary at all times to achieve these transformations is of vital importance. Therefore, these multidisciplinary professionals, who have knowledge of digitization, cybersecurity and processes is essential.
- Keep software up to date. Regularly updating the software reduces the risk of a cyber attack as the latest security and protection will always be available. In addition, it is important not to use applications without integrated security, eliminate all those that are not used and that employees work with the tools provided by the company, since they will have greater protection made and supervised by professionals.
- Data managed by professionals and with secure tools. Access rights to files must be managed by professionals when they are on the network or in the cloud, since they have to use secure servers and work with the necessary protection. In addition, not everyone within a company should be able to access all its documents, otherwise there is a greater risk that confidential information will end up being made public. The devices that can be connected to the company network must also be controlled and that these devices are protected. On the other hand, it is essential to have backup copies of the most important information and that, in addition, this copy has adequate protection. The Master Data Science & Big Data Analytics prepares leaders capable of identifying innovation opportunities based on data with the potential to transform businesses and develop an artificial intelligence model that helps generate a real impact.
- Learn about different security solutions that complement each other There are many ways to protect data, documents and devices. For greater protection, it is recommended to use strong passwords, which are not numbers or letters in a row on the keyboard, dates or words that they can know and use different combinations on different devices. In addition, it is essential to change passwords from time to time. Another good idea is to use double factor authentication and, in addition, it will be essential to have security tools such as a firewall or data encryption systems.
- Train employees and have cybersecurity experts. And finally, the most important thing is to have cybersecurity experts who know both how to prevent attacks and how to respond to them. In addition, it is very important that they stay up to date on the latest trends and learn about the new ways hackers are acting, as well as the latest tools that are available to prevent attacks.
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism