Monday, October 25

5 lies you have been told about meat



We are currently exposed to Too much information and more when it comes to food. Taking into account that in recent months the most relevant health topic has focused on the importance of following a balanced and quality diet, has led to numerous questions and myths around the most consumed foods.

Derived from popularity and boom that have caused to follow a plant-based diet, everyone has set their sights on the meat and in a way they are beliefs that have caused a somewhat wrong propaganda against the consumption of meat. That is why we select the 5 main and most recurring myths around its consumption.

1. Meat rots in the colon

One of the most popular beliefs around meat consumption, is related to its effects on digestion. Some people claim that the meat is not digested properly and that is why it can “to rot” in the colon, it is time to clarify that it is a totally false statement that many associate with inventions created by strict vegans. In fact it has A study that proves that this is a myth, what happens when we eat meat is the following: stomach acid and digestive enzymes break it down in the small intestine, proteins are broken down into amino acids and fats are broken down into fatty acids. Thereafter, are absorbed into the digestive wall and pass into the bloodstream, therefore there is nothing left for “to rot” in the colon. Surprisingly the items that actually rot in the colon, is the indigestible plant matter (fiber) from fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes. The explanation is that the human digestive system does not have the necessary enzymes to break down fiber, so it travels to the colon where it ferments (rots) by the beneficial bacteria in the gut, which turn it into beneficial nutrients and compounds such as short chain fatty acid butyrate.

2. Meat is high in cholesterol and saturated fat

The science has shown that both the cholesterol and fat content that brings the meat, they are harmless to health. The truth is that for years cholesterol has been considered a great enemy, when in reality one vital molecule in the body, found in all cell membranes and that is used by the body to produce hormones. The liver produces large quantities cholesterol, in such a way that in cases where you get a lot of cholesterol derived from foodit simply produces less. In fact, it is estimated that approximately 70% of people, cholesterol in the diet has negligible effects on blood cholesterol and in the remaining 30% there is a slight increase in LDL cholesterol considered “Bad cholesterol” but it also increases the HD cholesterolL who is popularly known as the heart protector by excellence. In fact, it is estimated that the same happens with saturated fats, in such a way that studies show that the people that have large LDL particles are associated with a much lower risk of heart disease.

3. Meat causes heart disease and diabetes

The consumption of meat is very constantly blamed for a long list of Western diseases, especially in the specific case of heart conditions and type 2 diabetes. It has a livelihood which is quite interesting, which is based on a belief that estas diseases are new Y meat is an ancient food. The truth is that humans and the prehumanos they have been eating meat for millions of years and for various scientists blame an old food for new health problems it does not make any sense. In fact there is a massive study released in 2010, in which researchers collected data from 20 studies which included a total of 1,218,380 people and in which they did not find any link between the consumption of raw red meat and the heart disease or diabetes. However, it is very important to clarify that not all meat is the same and it is true that it is essential for health to select the organic and lean variants.

4. Meat makes you fat

This belief arises from the idea about the high fat content of beef, however everything will depend on the quality and type of cut that is selected. In such a way that integrate the leanest varieties, it is a great success to contribute great nutritional levels Y promote weight loss. The best recommendation is to opt for lean options, which are distinguished by having a fat percentage less than 4%. In fact, it has been proven that consumption of low-fat meats, is helpful for speed up metabolism even for 100 calories a day and thanks to the macronutrients that contains, as is the particular case of proteins of high biological valueor, provides a pleasant feeling of satiety, which helps to control the excessive appetite and the anxiety to eat.


eldiariony.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share