Thursday, April 15

A detainee in Miami for kidnapping, raping and shooting a child


Photograph provided by the Miami Dade County Police Department showing Aliex Santiesteban.
EFE

The Miami-Dade County Police, in southeastern Florida (USA), arrested a 34-year-old Hispanic man on Tuesday as the alleged perpetrator of the kidnapping, rape and shooting a 12-year-old boy happened last weekend. Aliex Santiesteban was arrested at dawn near downtown Miami and appeared in court charged with attempted felony murder, kidnapping of a child under the age of 13 and sexual assault with a deadly weapon. The court determined that he remain in a Miami-Dade County jail without bond.

At a press conference, Major Brian Rafky, chief of the Miami-Dade Police Department’s Office of Special Victims, revealed Tuesday that various leads and evidence led to Santiesteban’s arrest. From “good old-fashioned police work” to DNA evidence and other forensic analysis were used to locate the suspect quickly.

Local media had said this Monday that the police were on the trail of a white Latino, aged 30 to 40, as suspected of being the author of what happened at dawn last Saturday.

According to authorities, the minor was walking down the street in the Brownsville neighborhood, in the northwest of the county, between 2 and 3 in the morning on Saturday when a “tall Hispanic man with long curly hair” approached him in a black vehicle and forced him into it. Later, the man drove to an abandoned place “where sexually assaulted and shot the minor“, which he left on the street, according to a Miami-Dade Police statement.

Miami-Dade Police spokesman Alvaro Zabaleta said that because the boy resisted the assault, the man shot him in the face before throwing him out of the car. The youngest went blind As a result of the shooting, he had to walk with the help of touch until a person came to his aid and directed him to a nearby warehouse, where other passers-by called the emergency telephone 911. A video taken by a security camera shows the minor bleeding and walking towards the corner where the winery is located until he collapses, while a person next to him calls on the phone. The footage shows another passerby providing him with water and a towel while they wait for emergency services to arrive. A man identified as Johnny told the local WPLG channel that he heard the boy call for help and accompanied him to the warehouse, since he did not have a telephone. “I took him to the store so they could call the police for him. He was conscious, then he fell on the sidewalk and said he had been shot,” the man testified.

The police officers and firefighters who arrived at the scene treated the child, who was later transferred in a critical situation to a local hospital, although the police spokesman said on Monday that he was in stable condition, although he still has a “way to go” to your recovery. The spokesperson explained that the child had run away from home to visit friends and had left pillows under the covers to make it look like she was in her bed. He was on his way home when he was approached by Santiesteban. “If this individual is so brash to do this, God knows what else he is willing to do,” Zabaleta said at the press conference. “The longer this person is out there, the longer our children will not be safe in that area.”

Police said the investigation remains open while they work to determine if there is a connection between Santiesteban and other victims in the past.

style="display:block" data-ad-client="ca-pub-3066188993566428" data-ad-slot="4073357244" data-ad-format="auto" data-full-width-responsive="true">
www.informacion.es

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *