Thursday, November 26

A mathematics teacher suspected of murder and cannibalism in Berlin


Correspondent in Berlin

Updated:

save

Stefan T., 44 years old and working in the laying of high voltage networks, disappeared on September 5, when he left his house without warning his roommates about any trip, never to return. He was listed as missing until, on November 8, some hikers found by chance in a park near Schönerlinder Chaussee, in Buch, a bone that turned out to be part of the human remains of the missing person, specifically part of a leg. The bone was “totally devoid of meat” and also showed other signs “that make us suspect that Stefan T. victim of a cannibal“Said the forensic report, after the relevant genetic tests confirmed that it was the body of the electrician. It was then that the investigation for possible murder was opened and the police collected two important leads. On the one hand, the digital trail of the deceased led to a dating chat in which users spoke of cannibalism. On the other hand, a taxi driver charged his credit card for a race that led to the home of another of the chat users, whose home was searched by the police on Wednesday, already with the court order under his arm. The record served to come up with some grisly finds and to reinforce the cannibal killer thesis.

“It’s for making soap,” Stefan R. responded when the researchers asked him about the approximately 25 kilos of sodium hydroxide, a caustic soda suitable for dissolving human tissue, that was found in his basement. This 41-year-old math teacher and user of the same social media forum also had a saw in the hallway, and when the hounds searched the house, they alerted his police trainers to the presence of human blood, which It was indeed found in a freezer in the basement. More bags of blood would later appear in a refrigerator, in a study in which the teacher works. “The rest of the findings are a wheelbarrow and a medical saw in the basement,” reports a police spokesman, adding that the sexual cannibalism thesis is quite strong in the case and that the investigators do not assume the consent of the victim . “There is no evidence of a consensual agreement”, emphasizes Martin Steltner, spokesman for the Berlin Prosecutor’s Office, “at least the chat and communications detected so far do not allow us to make that conjecture.”

The alleged murderer had investigated cannibalism on the Internet and was also moving on a dating platform, in which he had contact with the victim, so the police now track the application in search of other users with whom he also had contact. “It is very difficult for him to repeat that behavior on the same platform because it would be very easily detectable, but perhaps in a conversation he made a comment that can illustrate his interests and behavior,” says Steltner.

The victim lived in a shared apartment on Harnackstrasse, in Berlin’s Lichtenberg district, and left her home shortly before midnight on 5 September. He asked the taxi driver to head towards Parkstrasse in Pankow. The prosecutor’s thesis is that it was a sexual appointment that ended in murder and that the suspect ate at least part of the victim’s flesh, which would be deduced from the state in which the bones were found. Later, continuing with that thesis, he disposed of part of the body by disintegration and the remaining bones in the forest. “The amount of caustic material accumulated in his house suggests that he bought it in bulk, and we are also investigating whether he had made previous purchases, which could lead to other murders,” suggest sources from Kripo, the police section that took over the investigation on November 17, after the file was transferred to homicides from the LKA missing persons office. Berlin’s sixth homicide squad now has jurisdiction over the case.

If confirmed, this case would have as a precedent in Germany that of Armin Meiwes, known as “the cannibal of Rotenburg”, sentenced in 2004 to eight and a half years in prison for murder, after confessing to having killed Berliner Bernd Jürgen Brandes three years earlier, 43 years old, who had traveled from Berlin to that town to let himself be killed and be eaten by the cannibal. In that case, it was concluded that there had indeed been at least a certain level of consent, and the sinister crime inspired Berlin filmmaker Martin Weisz, who, accompanied by screenwriter TS Faull and producer Marco Wever, directed an 88-minute long horror film , with Thomas Kretschmann in the title role, and fairly faithfully reconstructing the facts, as the prosecution showed that the cannibal from Rotenburg had acted.

See them
comments

style="display:block" data-ad-client="ca-pub-3066188993566428" data-ad-slot="4073357244" data-ad-format="auto" data-full-width-responsive="true">
www.abc.es

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *