Through 1 Quarter
The Memphis Grizzlies are on the road but looking no worse for wear. They are way out in front after one quarter with a 33-22 lead over the Chicago Bulls.
The Grizzlies have been led by center Steven Adams, who so far has nine points and two assists along with 11 rebounds. Chicago has been relying on the performance of center Nikola Vucevic, who has eight points in addition to five boards and one block.
Memphis @ Chicago
Current Records: Memphis 41-20; Chicago 39-21
What to Know
The Chicago Bulls have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Memphis Grizzlies and are hoping to record their first win since Dec. 4 of 2019. Chicago has the luxury of staying home another game and will welcome Memphis at 8 p.m. ET Feb. 26 at United Center. The Bulls are out to keep their five-game home win streak alive.
This past Thursday, Chicago narrowly escaped with a victory as the squad sidled past the Atlanta Hawks 112-108. Having forecasted a close win for Chicago, the oddsmakers were right on the money. It was another big night for their small forward DeMar DeRozan, who had 37 points along with six rebounds. Deebo’s night made it nine games in a row in which he has scored at least 31 points.
Meanwhile, the Grizz was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap this past Thursday as they fell 119-114 to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Shooting guard Desmond Bane wasn’t much of a difference maker for Memphis; Bane finished with 14 points on 5-for-15 shooting in his 29 minutes on the court.
The Bulls are now 39-21 while the Grizzlies sit at 41-20. A couple offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Chicago comes into the matchup boasting the highest field goal percentage in the league at 48.30%. The Grizz has displayed some offensive firepower of their own as they rank second in the league when it comes to points per game, with 113.8 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: United Center — Chicago, Illinois
- TV: Bally Sports SouthEast Memphis
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $38.00
The Grizzlies are a slight 2-point favorite against the Bulls, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 1-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Chicago have won eight out of their last 13 games against Memphis.
- Jan 17, 2022 – Memphis 119 vs. Chicago 106
- Apr 16, 2021 – Memphis 126 vs. Chicago 115
- Apr 12, 2021 – Memphis 101 vs. Chicago 90
- Dec 04, 2019 – Chicago 106 vs. Memphis 99
- Oct 25, 2019 – Chicago 110 vs. Memphis 102
- Feb 27, 2019 – Chicago 109 vs. Memphis 107
- Feb 13, 2019 – Chicago 122 vs. Memphis 110
- Mar 15, 2018 – Chicago 111 vs. Memphis 110
- Mar 07, 2018 – Chicago 119 vs. Memphis 110
- Mar 15, 2017 – Memphis 98 vs. Chicago 91
- Jan 15, 2017 – Chicago 108 vs. Memphis 104
- Apr 05, 2016 – Memphis 108 vs. Chicago 92
- Dec 16, 2015 – Chicago 98 vs. Memphis 85
Injury Report for Chicago
- Lonzo Ball: Out (Knee)
- Patrick Williams: Out (Wrist)
- Alex Caruso: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Memphis
- Yves Pons: Out (Thigh)
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Ankle)
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism