Oil-free fryers are becoming very fashionable in recent times and if there is a brand where we can find a wide variety of devices of this type, that is Cecotec. Let’s meet them and see what they offer us.
There is no doubt that since the first air fryer appeared at the IFA in 2010, they have not stopped having a leading role, until reaching recent years where they have and are experiencing a real sales success.
And it is that getting a device to be capable of frying without using hardly any oil is something that attracts all users because of the healthy concept. We say with hardly any oil, because the name “without oil” is not entirely correct, since it takes something (in some cases a tablespoon), otherwise it would be impossible to give it the right texture.
This cooking with hardly any fat is what attracts users so much and if there is a brand where the variety of devices of this type is enormous, that is Cecotec, which has been able to take advantage of this technology like no one else.
Table of Contents:
What should we look for to buy the ideal one for us?
It is clear that we must be aware of our needs and also of our budget, so it is best to be clear about the characteristics that we must observe before buying an oil-free fryer.
Each parameter is important and the union of all can help us to spend our money on the best option for us.
- Budget: we must always keep it in mind and set ourselves a maximum to have it clear. Once this is fully decided the rest will be much easier.
- Design: this is the most subjective part of all, but relevant, after all, each one must choose the one that they like the most physically, bearing in mind that when choosing a Cecotec fryer, quality is guaranteed.
- Size: this is one of the characteristics that should interest you the most for a simple fact of space. We must be clear about where we are going to place the fryer and know if the one we are interested in fits.
- Ability: capacity is also essential, since the deposit should be enough for at least the people who live in the same house, unless there are many of us.
- Power: There is nothing more exact, the higher the power, the faster the cooking.
- Energy efficiency: a little in relation to the previous point, we can analyze what its energy efficiency is, since perhaps it compensates us to have a little less power, but consume much less.
- Cleaning: Being easy to clean is valuable, especially if it has any parts that can go directly into the dishwasher.
- Functions: this will depend on the type of fryer we choose, something that we are going to see right now, since there are some that are also ovens with different types of functions. This will all depend on whether you need such a device or not.
Types of fryers: Cecotec has a choice
Within the world of fryers there are several types according to their opening and their functions. Cecotec has representatives of all of themso you can choose the one you like the most from its catalog, since there is no selection left out.
We can divide fryers without oil into those with Drawer, Top opening or Multifunction.
Drawer or front bucket
They are those that open from the front of the device by pulling a handle, so that the deposit where we must put the food to cook can be seen. They are usually opaque, that is, we will not be able to look at the food while it is cooking.
Most of these fryers come with this system and usually have the buttons on the front, just above the basket.
Cecotec has several models that are included in this type of fryer without oil. The model Cecotec Compact Rapid It is the most affordable of all, since its price is 49.90 euros.
We are talking about a fryer that allows you to cook with just a tablespoon of oil, with exceptional results thanks to PerfecCook technology, with which we can fry up to 400 grams of potatoes in its 1.5-litre container, as well as incorporating time and temperature programming . There are different variants of this model.
Another option that Cecotec has for this type of fryer without oil is the CecoFry Advancedwhose cost is 89.90 in the two models that exist.
It has a bucket capacity of 3.5 liters, with a power of 1,500 W and using PerfectCook technology. In addition, it has 8 preset modes for certain foods, being programmable and with protection against overheating.
There is another Cecotec model called Cecofry Advance 5000 Black for a price of 149.90 euros more advanced.
It has a very large 5.5-litre tank, a power of 1,700 W, PerfectCook technology, a temperature range from 80 °C to 200 °C, 8 preset modes, programmable and overheat protection.
Cecotec Cecofry Advance 5000 Black: 149.90 euros.
Top-opening fryers are those that open at the topquite similar to those of a lifetime.
The operation is the same as the drawer, that is, circulation of hot air with a little oil (one tablespoon the Cecotec range), but incorporating a rotary blade in this case. Also, they are usually transparent on top so we can see what is cooking.
At Cecotec we have the range Turbo Cecofry 4D as the exponents of this type of fryers.
They incorporate 4D Intelligent technology, a way of distributing heat throughout the 360 degrees of the 3-litre tank. They have 8 preconfigured programs, with 2 cooking levels, being able to cook 7 dishes at the same time and with 1,350 W of power.
Multifunction (oven type)
This type is the most recent to come onto the market and the one that covers the most of all, since it is not only a fryer, but also also has oven functions.
The design, in most cases, does not deceive that we are dealing with a device of this type, since they are usually square, just like conventional ovens.
The more oven functions it has, the more complete it will be, since when it comes to frying it is similar to the others we have seen.
Inside Cecotech the Bake&Fry range It is the one chosen to house the 5 different models it has.
It has different capacities ranging from 12 to 30 liters, with powers from 1,700 to 1,800 W and some that have 9 functions to others that can hold 18 different ones.
As you have been able to read, Cecotec has a huge number of options when it comes to air fryers, so you will have a lot to choose from and thus get the one that best suits your needs.
Which one have you stayed with? Tell us about it on our social networks.
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism