Sunday, November 27

Carbon monoxide poisoning hospitalizes 11 at Ohio hotel


MARYSVILLE, Ohio – Investigators were on the scene Sunday morning at the Hampton Inn in Marysville working to determine the source of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning that resulted in several people being treated Saturday night at a nearby hospital.

Four people have been released from the Memorial Health Hospital in Marysville after breathing in dangerous amounts of carbon monoxide at the Union County hotel that resulted in 11 people in total being hospitalized, hospital spokeswoman Melanie Ziegler said in an email.

The hotel parking lot had few cars in it Sunday morning as caution tape was visible in the pool area, where all of those injured had been before they were treated at Memorial Health.

carbon monoxide: What you need to know to stay safe

Caution tape lined the pool area Sunday morning at the Hampton Inn in Marysville.

The hotel’s front doors were locked and a printed sign taped to the door said all reservations had been moved to a neighboring hotel. The hotel’s house music continued to play through speakers over the front entrance, offering a jarring contrast to the chaos that ensued less than 24 hours earlier.

The hotel was evacuated Saturday evening after Marysville police received a 911 call about an unconscious young girl, followed by other reports of other unconscious or injured people.




feeds.feedblitz.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *