The Catalan government announced this Friday a battery of restrictions to stop the coronavirus pandemic during Christmas. Not in vain, Catalonia has seen how throughout the last days the contagion rates and the pressure in hospitals have grown without stopping, a fact that has forced the Government to announce new measures that will be in force from December 21 to 11 from January. “It’s a step back”, has certified the Catalan vice president, Pere Aragonès, at a press conference. “We are in a critical phase, we are not doing well”, added the Government spokesperson, Meritxell Budó.
– Social activities are limited to six people but on holidays, the December 24, 25, 26, 31 and January 6 Up to 10 people from two “coexistence bubbles” may meet.
– Mobility: closed perimeter of Catalonia Except to meet with relatives or “close” people. Within Catalonia, movements within the region will be allowed, but this will be throughout the week. Until now the Catalans could move throughout the country from Monday to Thursday.
– Exception: families can move out of their region on the Christmas days mentioned above.
– Mobility between Alt-Urgell and Andorra will be allowed as if they were the same region.
– The night of Christmas and New Years Eve mobility can be done until 1 in the morning and Twelfth night until 11 pm.
Measurements in bars and restaurants
– Hotels and restaurants: from Monday bars and restaurants may open to serve breakfasts and lunches in limited hours: From 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., and from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
– Establishments with take away food can open from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., with home delivery until 11 p.m.
– Interiors with a capacity of 30%, use of masks, maximum 4 people per table and with a distance of two meters between tables. Open terraces.
Trade and sport
– Shops and shopping centers may open as before, but gyms and restaurants located within the shopping centers will be closed.
– The Sport centers outdoors with a capacity of 50%. Indoor sports centers must have a 30% capacity and reserve. The activity can be done only with a mask and it is recommended to suspend aerobic activities that do not allow doing without a mask.
Christmas and holidays
– The counselor Meritxell Budó He has promised that children will be able to celebrate Twelfth Night and will be able to deliver their letters to the Three Wise Men. However, he stated that this year the parades will be “static” to avoid crowds.
– The Christmas holidays will last this year until Monday, January 11, the day on which the school year will begin again.
– The Generalitat recommends that centers of worship reduce to one 30% capacity in Churches and temples with a maximum capacity of 1,000 people.
Digsmak is a news publisher with over 12 years of reporting experiance; and have published in many industry leading publications and news sites.