Employers want to take advantage of the holiday season to close the sales of the year as best as possible and for that reason they are hiring staff, so they are looking to add seasonal workers for their stores, warehouses and logistics areas, published CNN Business.
The KPMG consultancy estimates that Christmas sales for US retailers will grow 7% over the previous year, so if you are looking for an opportunity, here are some possibilities you can consider.
– UPS is hiring 100,000 full-time and part-time seasonal workers to meet the demand for vacation delivery. The opportunities are primarily for package handlers, drivers, and driver’s helpers.
UPS is increasing hourly wages in some markets, with positions starting at $ 15 an hour and offering bonuses login to hire seasonal employees.
– The US Postal Service is offering more than 40,000 seats to handle mail and deliveries in what is typically the agency’s busiest season.
You are soliciting mail carriers, mail handlers, and drivers in cities and rural areas. The institution is running around 60 job fairs across the country where candidates can apply, which means more events than the agency usually does.
– Kohl’s seeks 90,000 seasonal workers for its stores and warehouses. This year workers will be eligible to receive a $ 100- $ 400 bonus for working during the vacation period.
It is also hiring seasonal first-time employees for a new e-commerce fulfillment center in Etna, Ohio, and beauty consultants for Sephora mini-stores at 200 Kohl’s locations.
– Michaels, the handicraft chain, seeks to add more than 20,000 workers for your stores, stores and distribution centers. In an announcement last month, the company announced that it offers competitive wages, flexible hours and a 30% discount for seasonal workers.
Last year Michaels hired more than half of the store’s temporary workers in permanent positions, as the arts and crafts industry grew during the pandemic, its sales increased 4.8% in 2020 over the previous year.
– 1-800-Flowers.com is recruiting 10,000 seasonal workers. The flower delivery retailer requires staff to deliver food and gifts from its Harry & David and Cheryl’s Cookies brands.
The company is offering bonuses and an increase in pay for returning hires. Most of the positions are in Illinois, Ohio and Oregon.
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, the discount chain, recruits about 3,000 workers for the holidays, for stalls in shops and warehouses.
The retailer does not offer any new incentives to attract workers this year, but has started holding in-person recruiting events for the first time to reach a broader pool of applicants.
You may also like:
Amazon increases salary to $ 18, will hire 125 thousand employees and will give bonuses for signing up to $ 3,000
Used car prices fell 1.4% in August, after 7 months of increases
VIDEO: American woman humiliates Mexican workers who asked her to wear a mask in Little Ceasars: “They should go back to the farm”
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.