UFC 265 will feature heavyweights in the spotlight as Derrick Lewis and Ciryl Gane battle it out for the UFC interim heavyweight championship at the Toyota Center in Houston.
Since champion Francis Ngannou was unable to compete in August, the UFC decided to book a matchup to determine who will have the next chance against Ngannou once he is ready to defend his title. Lewis and Gane are on unbeaten streaks, and the two giants will enter the Octagon to find out who will come close to championship gold.
Lewis is currently the second-ranked heavyweight and has a win over Ngannou. He is undefeated in his last four outings with wins over players like Curtis Blaydes and Aleksei Oleinik. He has had a shot at the heavyweight title before, but fell short when he was introduced by Daniel Cormier in 2018.
Win, the No. 3 ranked, is heading into the interim title showdown without ever having lost a fight in his MMA or Muay Thai careers. After going 13-0 in Muay Thai, the Frenchman made his MMA debut in 2018 and won three fights in a row by knockout or submission before receiving the call to join the UFC in 2019. He has been unstoppable ever since with a record of 6. -0 in the UFC with wins over Junior dos Santos, Jairzinho Rozenstruik and Alexander Volkov along the way.
It will be a home game for Lewis, as The Black Beast currently fights out of Houston. You may need home-court advantage against an opponent who has yet to taste defeat in his professional career.
Below is a full rundown of the UFC 265 schedule, with details on the matchups, start times, odds and more for the interim heavyweight title fight between Derrick Lewis and Ciryl Gane.
When is UFC 265: Lewis vs. I win?
- Date: Saturday August 7
- Start time: 6 pm ET / 3 pm PT
- Main card (PPV): 10 pm ET / 7 pm PT
- Main event: 12:15 am ET / 9:15 pm PT (approximate)
UFC 265: Derrick Lewis vs. Ciryl Gane takes place on August 7 with the preliminary preliminaries kicking off the event at 6 pm ET, before the pay-per-view main card begins at 10 pm ET. Lewis and Gane must enter the Octagon around 12:15 am ET, depending on the duration of the undercard matches.
How to watch UFC 265: Lewis vs. Win
- TV channels / live broadcast: ESPN, ESPN Sports and ESPN +
The main card for UFC 265 is available in the US on the ESPN + subscription streaming service for a pay-per-view cost. That part of the event starts at 10 p.m.
However, previous fights can be seen live on ESPN, the WatchESPN app and, for the first preliminaries, on the UFC Fight Pass.
In Canada, the main pay-per-view card is available at Bell, Rogers, Shaw, SaskTel, Videotron, Telus, Eastlink, and UFC PPV at UFC Fight Pass.
Lewis vs. Win Price: How Much Does UFC 265 Cost?
- $ 69.99 (current ESPN + subscribers)
- $ 89.98 (new subscribers)
In the US, the UFC 265 main card is available via pay-per-view on ESPN +, which also requires a subscription. The PPV price for UFC 265 is $ 69.99 for current subscribers. New subscribers you can pay a package price of $ 89.98 for UFC 265 pay-per-view and an annual subscription to ESPN +, offering savings of more than 30 percent.
Where is UFC 265?
UFC 265 will take place at the Toyota Center in Houston, in front of a live crowd.
Lewis vs. Win odds for UFC 265
- Ciryl Gane: -310
- Derrick Lewis: +240
According to FanDuel Sportsbook, Derrick Lewis is a significant underdog despite having home-court advantage and being the highest-ranking fighter in the division. Unbeaten Win is a -310 favorite, meaning a $ 310 bet would be needed to make a $ 100 profit if Lewis is victorious. Lewis is a +240 underdog and a $ 100 bet on Lewis would yield a $ 240 profit if Lewis manages to pull off the upset.
Derrick Lewis record, biography
- Name: Derrick Lewis
- Nationality: American
- Was born: February 7, 1985
- Height: 6-3
- Attain: 79 inches
- Total fights: 33
- Record: 25-7 (1 without competition)
Ciryl Win record, biography
- Name: Ciryl Gane
- Nationality: French
- Was born: April 12, 1990
- Height: 6-5
- Attain: 81 inches
- Total fights: 9
- Record: 9-0
UFC 265 Fight Card
- Derrick Lewis vs. Ciryl Win for the UFC Interim Heavyweight Championship
- Jose Aldo vs. Pedro Munhoz; bantamweight
- Michael Chiesa vs. Vicente Luque; Welter weights
- Tecia Torres vs. Angela Hill; Straw weights for women
- Song Yadong vs. Casey Kenney; Rooster weights
- Bobby Green vs. Rafael Fiziev; Light weights
- Vince Morales against Drako Rodríguez; Rooster weights
- Ed Herman vs. Alonzo Menifield; Light heavy weights
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Jessica Penne; Straw weights for women
Fight Pass Preliminaries
- Manel Kape vs. Ode ‘Osbourne; Fly weights
- Miles Johns vs. Anderson dos Santos; Rooster weights
- Victoria Leonardo against Melissa Gatto; Women’s flyweight
- Johnny Muñoz Jr. vs. Jamey Simmons; Rooster weights
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.