This will be our fifth Trade Deadline season where we tracked each move, or even strong rumors, during the day. This will be published early then updated throughout the day with the latest news at the top.
To get you started we have an article at Dodgers 2080 about the downside of the Trade Deadline. As we’ve done in the past, we’ll work from the bottom up. The newest news will be at the top. The deadline is at 3:00 PM PST on August 2nd but we know that the trade trickle in until about 4:00 PM. We will be here.
Also, our Blue Heaven Podcast will be live from 2 PM PT to 4 PM PT on YouTube. Click here to subscribe, which really helps our Dodgers Nation family out a bunch!
11:34 – Hosmer to Red Sox
11:33 – Passan Confirms Gallo Trade
11:19 – Dodgers Getting Gallo? Not Confirmed by Passan
10:49 – Possible Dodgers Target, Anthony Bass, Goes to Jays
10:32 – More on Hosmer
10:23 – Hosmer is still a Padre but rest of deal goes through
10:16 – Rumor time for the Dodgers
With the world stopping for the Juan Soto trade, let’s hope things get jump-started again.
9:27 – Fog of war update on Soto trade
- Eric Hosmer has a no-trade clause for the Nationals. He has not waived it yet.
- In the pre-season prospect rankings it went like this for the Padres
- CJ Abrams
- Robert Hassell
- Luis Campusano
- McKenzie Gore
- James Wood
The Nationals have done well and the Padres are going all in. Reminder, Manny Machado can opt out of his contract after 2023. I can almost guarantee, he will.
8:52 – Details on Soto trade
8:48 AM – Soto to the Padres
Summary Of Trades Before Deadline Day
- The Twins acquired Orioles closer Jorge Lopez for 4 prospects
- Possible Dodgers trade target Robbie Grossman of the Tigers was traded to the Braves for LHP Kris Anglin.
- The Astros traded starting pitcher, Jake Odorizzi to the Braves for lefty reliever, Will Smith
- The Brewers acquired reliever Matt Bush for infielder Mark Mathias and lefty Antoine Kelly.
- The Astros traded a couple of prospects, Enmanuel Valdez and Wilyer Abreu, for catcher Christian Vazquez.
- The Cardinals acquired starter Jose Quintana and reliever Chris Stratton from the Pirates for righty Johan Oviedo and 3B Malcom Nunez.
- The Red Sox traded for catcher Reese McGuire and a PTBNL from the White Sox for reliever Jake Diekman
- The Red Sox traded for Tommy Pham from the Reds for a PTBNL
- The Royals traded 3B Emmanuel Rivera to the Diamondbacks for RHP Luke Weaver
- Dodgers target, starting pitcher Frankie Montas was traded from the A’s, along with reliever Lou Trevino, to the Yankees, for 4 prospects.
- A 3 team trade. To the Astros – 1B/OF Trey Mancini and RHP Jayden Murray. To the Rays – CF Jose Siri. To the Orioles – RHP Seth Johnson and RHP Chayce McDermott.
- The Padres got closer Josh Hader from the Brewers for reliever Taylor Rogers, lefty Robert Gasser, OF Estuary Ruiz and righty Dinelson Lamet.
- The Yankees acquired reliever Scott Efforts from the Cubs for prospect pitcher Hayden Wesneski.
- Our Dodgers traded reliever Garrett Cleaving to the Rays for 18-year-old German Tapia.
- The Mariners got the top pitcher on the market
- The Dodgers traded Zach McKinstry to the Cubs for Chris Martin
- The Rays traded for Diamondbacks outfielder David Peralta
- Mets trade for Tyler Naquin and Phillip Diehl from the Reds
- The Yankees trade for Dodgers’ target Andrew Benintendi from the Royals
- Mets get Daniel Vogelback from the Pirates
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism