Saturday, November 27

First day of tension in the 13N trial due to the provocations of Salah Abdeslam


The first day of the long-awaited historic trial for the terrorist attacks organized in Paris in 2015 was tense.

The main suspect, Salah Abdeslam angered the survivors and relatives of the victims by shouting that the French authorities were treating him _ “like a dog” _ and when asked what he did he said he was “Islamic State fighter”.

The 31-year-old Franco-Moroccan young man, who spoke in a hasty manner, wore a black T-shirt and has grown a Salafi beard, is the only one still alive of the ten members of the commandos who murdered 130 people and injured more than 400 in Paris and Saint-Denis.

The surviving victims and their families were warned that this type of exit could occur, as had been pointed out minutes before the process began by Arthur Dénouveaux, president of Life for Peace, one of the associations that were formed to defend their interests.

Dénouveaux, who survived the Bataclan massacre, told the press before entering the room that “the French Justice has been used to provocations by terrorists for decades. It is a way (they have) to evade their responsibilities.”

The lawyer for the civil part, Méhana Mouhou has pointed out: “Abdeslam has spoken and I believe that he is still provoking. The silence was a provocation, his words are now a provocation. Above all, because he has said” I am the fighter of Allah “, he has not said to fight for Allah. Allah did not ask him. Nothing. We have to be careful with one thing in this trial, and that is that the court of law should not be a platform for him to express his terrorist ideas. “

Despite the tension in the court, some survivors are confident that it will improve its performance in the coming months.

Thierry, is one of the survivors of the Bataclan attacks and points out: “The president (of the trial) is taking measures, he is firm, he is good, it seems that he is good, so that’s it, the path is immediately marked. He is not going to get tangled up in things, so in that sense I trust.”

The first days will be mainly procedural in nature.

At the end of September the survivors will be called to declare. The verdict of the trial is expected to come in May next year.

Exceptional security measures

The old Palace of Justice, which is a few hundred meters from Notre Dame Cathedral, has been refurbished and a new temporary courtroom with capacity for 550 seats has been built inside, to which another ten courtrooms have been added. additional broadcasts to accommodate a total of 2,000 people.

The forces of order have established a security perimeter throughout the block in which circulation is prohibited and only those who have authorization, such as the hundreds of French and foreign journalists from the 141 accredited media, can access it.

A dozen security porches have been installed at the entrances, in addition to the usual ones in the Palace of Justice, and illustrating the attention paid to security because, as the French Minister of the Interior, Gérald Darmanin himself pointed out today, the terrorist risk is already “particularly high” in the country in normal time, and increases more with events like this.

According to the program of the process, this week’s hearings will be devoted to procedural questions (basically the constitution as a private accusation of victims who have not done so until now) and to the reading of a summary of the summary, which consists of about a million pages.

Starting next week, researchers will intervene who will tell the story of the events. One of the strengths will be the intervention of political leaders, starting in November with those who were at the time of the massacre the President of France, François Hollande, and his Minister of the Interior, Bernard Cazeneuve


feedproxy.google.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share