Every fashionable lady has a blouse in her wardrobe, regardless of her style.
Traditional blouses aren’t exactly practical, as fashion luminaries like Carolina Herrera, Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy, and Meghan Markle have shown. It also has a relaxed and timeless vibe, and you can easily transition from the workplace to overtime.
Gone are the days when a woman’s blouse was limited to a pristine cotton button. Equipment, Treasure & Bond and Sanctuary, among others, are reworking the wardrobe classic with new designs, materials and accents.
A blouse is a popular top right now, and it’s one of the most sought after basic outfits. A blouse is a desirable item for ladies of all ages, whether worn with a skirt, shorts, or pants. This summer, a wide range of blouses is popular. Finding a piece that is made to the highest quality is not enough; Combining it with the trendiest style is also crucial.
However, with so many brands, styles, and fabrics to choose from, choosing the ideal blouse style can be difficult. Here’s how to wear a blouse for work, from shopping tips to style inspiration.
Experiment with the dimensions, as this style of blouse is all about a good fit. Shape up with a classic midi or pencil skirt that hugs the hips, or go voluminous with a pair of boyfriend jeans or wide leg pants. Crop tops contain less fabric than other designs, making them easier to wear under a sweater when the weather gets cooler.
Workday attire should be polished and put together while remaining simple and efficient. There are a lot of rules to follow when it comes to putting together the perfect work outfit, but one piece that always cuts is a shirt. This wardrobe staple will always look clean, crisp, and undeniably stylish, no matter what environment you’re working in.
A blouse is the most adaptable and can be worn with anything from pencil skirts to dress pants and jeans. You can dress it up with a blouse and layer it under a blazer or suit for a charming look, depending on how formal your business is. Better yet, simple designs appear tight and clean, allowing you to be as creative or daring as you like by accessorizing with items that reflect your style and attitude.
Here are five ways to wear a blouse to work professionally yet elegantly.
- The classic white button: A bright white button is one of the most iconic garments. The white button down shirt looks professional and clean when worn with a pencil skirt or dress pants, and cool and sharp when tucked into dark denim jeans. This blouse always looks professional, making it a great choice for the office or any other occasion where you need to look neat and respectable. The good news is that if you spill something on them, you can wash them off with a little bleach and they’ll be as good as new. Take the extra shirt to get the full effect of this garment. Take the extra step of ironing or ironing your button down shirt with starch to get the full look of this garment. This will give your outfit cleaner lines, fewer wrinkles, and a more polished appearance.
- Classic Robes: Women’s tunics have more coverage, meaning they hang longer from the body, covering the hips and sometimes even the thighs. Tunics are a bit more relaxed for the office, but they look great with skinny jeans or tailored dress pants. Robes, with either long or short sleeves, can be worn year-round and are conservative enough to wear to work. To spice up your look, pair robes with bold jewelry like a long pendant. For a work-appropriate look, pair a light-colored tunic with dark-colored pants and ballerinas or ankle boots, depending on the season.
- Dress pants in blouses: Women’s dress pants are an easy way to spice up a business uniform for a more powerful look. Dress pants are slim fit and tailored, with a pleat or seams for added style. You can also have fun with your dress pants, which come in a variety of colors, designs, patterns, and fabrics, allowing you to be as conservative or as bold as you like. If you’re wearing bright or bold patterned dress pants, or even satin or velvet dress pants, opt for a plain, solid-colored top. Experiment with interesting and fun shirts in bright colors or fun prints if you wear solid dress pants. Regardless of the formality of the occasion, this style works. This look is appropriate for any office or business, regardless of its formality. For an important meeting, dress it up with pointed toe high heels, or wear it with slip-ons or dressy sneakers for laid-back Friday fun.
- Blazers with blouses: A blouse is the easiest way to complete your outfit on any work day. For a boardroom meeting, layer a fitted jacket over a tucked-in blouse for a professional, polished, tailored look, then hang up the jacket and roll up the sleeves for work in your office. Speaking of adaptability! In no time at all, you’ll be able to transition from an early school career to hectic days at the office with this look. When wearing a blazer, choose simple, silky shirts that appear less heavy.
- Blouse ready for date night: Evenings when you’re late for work don’t have to be a nightmare. Wear a sexy blouse to work under a women’s cashmere blazer or cardigan so that when it’s time to head out for a date night, you can take off your top layer and be ready to go. With a few simple modifications, you can go from smooth workday to sexy date night in virtually any setting.
Finally, as we’ve walked you through different styles, I’m sure you’ve received great styling tips on how to use various types of cheap women’s blouses. Since there is so much to try, go ahead and try new styles every day.
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism