Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Memphis Grizzlies and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Washington Wizards 87-72.
Point guard Ja Morant has led the way so far for Memphis, as he has 32 points. Morant’s night has made it six games in a row with at least 30 points.
Washington has been led by power forward Kyle Kuzma, who so far has 17 points along with eight rebounds.
the Wizards have lost 79% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Current Records: Washington 23-25; Memphis 34-17
What to Know
The Washington Wizards have enjoyed the comforts of home for their last eight games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Memphis Grizzlies at 8 pm ET this past Saturday at FedExForum after having had a few days off. Memphis should still be riding high after a victory, while the Wizards will be looking to right the ship.
Washington was just a bucket short of a win last week and fell 116-115 to the Los Angeles Clippers. Washington was up 66-36 at the end of the half but somehow couldn’t manage to seal the deal. Point guard Spencer Dinwiddie wasn’t much of a difference maker for Washington; Dinwiddie finished with only five points on 2-for-10 shooting in his 33 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, the Grizz beat the Utah Jazz 119-109 this past Friday. Memphis’ point guard Ja Morant did his thing and dropped a triple-double on 30 points, ten assists, and ten boards. Morant’s night made it five games in a row in which he has scored at least 30 points.
The Wizards are expected to lose this next one by 5.5. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past four games, so buyers beware.
Everything went Washington’s way against the Grizz in the teams’ previous meeting last November as they made off with a 115-87 victory. The rematch might be a little tougher for Washington since the team won’t have home-court advantage. We’ll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
how to watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum — Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: Bally Sports South East Memphis
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS SportsApp
- TicketCost: $10.78
The Grizzlies are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Wizards, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Memphis have won seven out of their last 13 games against Washington.
- Nov 05, 2021 – Washington 115 vs. memphis 87
- Mar 10, 2021 – Memphis 127 vs. washington 112
- Mar 02, 2021 – Memphis 125 vs. washington 111
- Feb 09, 2020 – Memphis 106 vs. washington 99
- Dec 14, 2019 – Memphis 128 vs. washington 111
- Mar 16, 2019 – Washington 135 vs. memphis 128
- Oct 30, 2018 – Memphis 107 vs. washington 95
- Jan 05, 2018 – Washington 102 vs. memphis 100
- Dec 13, 2017 – Washington 93 vs. memphis 87
- Jan 18, 2017 – Washington 104 vs. memphis 101
- Oct 30, 2016 – Memphis 112 vs. washington 103
- Dec 23, 2015 – Washington 100 vs. memphis 91
- Dec 14, 2015 – Memphis 112 vs. washington 95
Injury Report for Memphis
- Kyle Anderson: Game-Time Decision (Covid-19)
- Ziaire Williams: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Tyus Jones: Out (Covid-19)
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Washington
No Injury Information
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism