The consumption of slimming soups is a great ally to accelerate the metabolism and facilitate weight loss.
Photo: Image by congerdesign on Pixabay / Pixabay
The slimming soups they are a faithful tool to facilitate weight loss. Although there are all kinds of combinations, in recent months the cauliflower soup has become one of the most popular alternatives. The truth is that this soup is full of many delicious and nutritious non-starchy vegetables, which are associated with its high content of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber.
The star ingredient in this recipe is of course cauliflower, which is considered a nutritional treasure with magnificent slimming properties. First, it is extremely low in calories with just 25 calories per cup, so you can eat a lot of this vegetable without gaining weight. It is also famous for being a great low-calorie substitute for calorie foods, such as rice and flour. What good source of fiber, cauliflower slows down digestion and promotes a feeling of fullness, this is one of its greatest benefits as it can automatically reduce the number of calories consumed during the day, an important factor in weight control.
Another aspect that adds in a particular way to its benefits for weight loss is its high water content; dand done, 92% of its weight is made up of water. A study has found that the consumption of many low-calorie, water-dense foods is associated with a greater and more effective weight loss.
In addition, cauliflower stands out for its choline content, which to begin with, plays an important role in maintaining the integrity of cell membranes, synthesizing DNA and is of great utility to accelerate metabolism.
The cauliflower soup diet, promotes the daily consumption of this comforting and highly nutritious soup. It is important to consume it with light foods, such as abundant vegetables, seeds and lean proteins. Try to eat one serving before main meals, consume it as a snack between meals and is a great substitute for light dinner. It is advisable to follow this diet for at least 7 days.
A good recommendation is prepare this soup in large batches and always have it on hand for lunch, dinner or as a good snack for any hunger attack. It is from more satiating and its composition boosts calorie burning.
Slimming Cauliflower Soup Recipe:
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pinch of coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 cups of cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups of 2% milk
- 1 5 oz package baby spinach
- 1 pound silky smooth tofu (drained and dry)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1. Cook onion, celery, thyme, salt, and pepper in olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until tender (about four minutes).
2. Add the garlic cloves and cook one more minute. Add the cauliflower and milk.
3. Cook over low heat, covered, until cauliflower is tender (about 10 minutes).
3. Add the baby spinach and simmer, covered but stirring occasionally, until just tender (about two minutes).
4. Add the tofu, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard.
5. In batches, puree soup in blender until smooth.
6. Allow it to cool. Place in a container with a tight lid and keep frozen.
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.