Many people have had their Gmail account connected to their computer for eons and no longer remember what password they used to log in. For all those people, congratulations, you are in the right tutorial. Let’s go there.
If my Gmail account is connected, but I have forgotten my password, how can i see my password? If you have this same question, you will get the answer in this simple tutorial that we bring you today.
To know your Gmail password while you are connected to your account, we are going to show you three different methods, which will save you the hassle of blocking your Gmail account and resetting your password (for the most clueless, this is how the email is opened from the mobile) .
The advice, yes. only apply apply if you sign in to your Gmail account using Google Chrome or the Microsoft Outlook app on a Windows computer. To discover your password in different environments, look for another tutorial.
Without further ado, as the fastest and easiest methods to know your Gmail password without having to log out of the account.
Method 1: View Gmail password through your personal information
- Step 1: Make sure you’re signed in to your Gmail account in Google Chrome. Click your photo in the top right corner of Google Chrome, and then click Google Account.
- Step 2: Select Personal Information on the left side. In the Profile section, click the row that says PASSWORD.
- Step 3: Chrome will take you to your Google account sign-in page, where your username and password are saved. Click the “Show Password” button at the bottom of the password box, and you can see your Gmail password revealed.
Method 2: View Gmail password through Chrome settings
When you enter a website with your Gmail account, Google Chrome will ask you if you want to save your password. If you choose the Save button, your password will be saved in Chrome and you will have the opportunity to see your Gmail password whether you are logged in or not.
- Step 1: Open your Google Chrome and go to the password page: chrome://settings/passwords.
- Step 2: In the “Saved passwords” section, you can see your Gmail account and password. Although the password is displayed as dots instead of text, you can reveal the password using the Show Password button that looks like a human eye.
- Step 3: When you click the “Show password” button, Windows will ask you to enter your Windows password to allow it. Type your current Windows password and click OK. Then you can see your Gmail password is revealed.
Method 3: View Gmail password from Microsoft Outlook
If you have logged into your Gmail account in the Microsoft Outlook app on your Windows computer, your Gmail password has been saved in the Outlook password list, so you will have the ability to view your Gmail password from within Outlook.
However, all passwords saved in Microsoft Outlook are displayed as asterisk characters and you cannot display them. But do not worry. Here comes a small utility called Outlook Email Password Refixer.
- Step 1: Download and install Outlook Email Password Refixer on your Windows computer.
- Step 2: Run this program and you will immediately see your Gmail password and other email passwords saved in Microsoft Outlook on the screen.
And with these three methods we would already have three very valid ways to remember what password we use at the time to create our Gmail account, something very useful for when they expire or we change computers and we want to enter our email account.
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism