Supplementing the eating plan with vegetable soups is ideal for weight loss. They provide very few calories, no fat and great satiety.
Photo: Image by Mikele Designer on Pixabay / Pixabay
When it comes to lose weight it is well known that feeding it is essential to achieve the best results. Based on this there are infallible allies, as is the case of soups that are a great food supplement for reduce body weight Y increase the consumption of nutrients.
Specific vegetable soups they are a treasure of great slimming potential, in principle they stand out for their high content in essential vitamins and minerals, which are indispensable for improve health. On the other hand they are a very satiating food, thanks to its high fiber content that benefits the digestive, intestinal health and promote elimination of everything that the body does not need.
The truth is that complementing the daily meal plan with the intake of soups, it is a great method to accelerate from natural and healthy way to lose weight. Is vegetable soup recipe it is very low in calories and it does not contain fat, the best of all is that it is very easy to do and it goes great for a healthy lunch, as a complement to a balanced meal with lean proteins, is a great option of snack between meals Y a light dinner delight. It is a wonderful alternative to combat anxiety to eat, avoid excess calories and it is most comforting for cold days.
Is a very generous and filling soup, loaded with vegetables full of colors and flavors They bring a long list of health benefits. And best of all, you can create different versions with whatever vegetables you have on hand.
In fact, there are very interesting references that prove the benefits of consuming soups for promote weight loss. Such is the case of a study released in the journal PLOS ONE, in which it was concluded that the consumption of vegetable soups it is related to a lower risk of being overweight and obese.
It is important to consider making them with very fresh and seasonal vegetables. A great recommendation is always to season soups with herbs and spices that will not only fill it with flavor, they shine for their medicinal properties. Also for enhance its nutritional power it is advisable to add a touch of extra virgin olive oil and organic apple cider vinegar, and why not some Parmesan cheese. For days with a lot of appetite add some avocado slices, is satiating and provides healthy fats necessary for enhance weight loss.
Slimming Vegetable Soup Recipe:
- 1 small onion cut into small cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup of medium diced carrots
- 4 cups cabbage, julienned (about 1/4 of a piece)
- 1 cup green beans (remove the ends and cut into halves if necessary)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 whole bell peppers, chopped
- 1 28 oz can low sodium diced tomatoes
- 6 cups of beef broth (you can substitute it for chicken or vegetable broth, remember that natural options will always be better)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme and basil powder
- A bunch of fresh coriander
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Olive oil, extra virgin
- In a large pot, add a teaspoon of olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic over medium heat until slightly softened.
- Add the carrots, cabbage, and green beans and cook over low heat for an additional 5 minutes.
- Proceed by adding the bell peppers, undrained tomatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, bay leaves and seasonings (thyme, basil, salt and pepper).
- Integrate all the ingredients well and cook over low heat for 6 to 7 minutes.
- When the soup reaches a certain consistency, add the zucchini and broccoli florets. Continue simmering for an additional 5 minutes or until tender, not overcooked.
- Remove bay leaves before serving and add fresh coriander to taste.
- A good recommendation is to prepare a large batch and consume throughout the week. You can also freeze it and heat it, it keeps wonderfully.
Digsmak is a news publisher with over 12 years of reporting experiance; and have published in many industry leading publications and news sites.