Cashew cheese works the same for a pasta as it does for topping a pizza.
Photo: Pablo Macedo / Pixabay
With cashews and nutritional yeast it is possible to make a cheese easily in a few minutes. Have the cheese flavor thanks to yeast and it is also highly nutritious. It is smooth and a bit thick in texture. It is a preparation that you can also spread on toast or even use it to cover a homemade pizza.
The nutritional yeast enriched provides complete protein, up to 5 grams of protein per tablespoon; five times the vitamin B12 you need a day; in addition to fiber and other nutrients such as thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6.
The anacardos They also have beneficial plant compounds and nutrients. They are rich in healthy fats known for improve levels of cholesterol in the blood, relieve inflammation and stabilize the heart rate.
A ounce of cashews has 5 grams of protein, gives you minerals such as copper, magnesium and manganese, and it also provides you with fiber.
To make the cheese you just have to add garlic powder, salt and pepper cashew nuts and yeast. You can add your favorite herbs like thyme.
This recipe that we share with you is from the dietician Gena Hamshaw, creator of The Full Helping.
- 1 cup of raw cashews soaked for at least 2 hours drained and rinsed. You can let them soak overnight.
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of water
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a food processor. Pulse repeatedly until a dough forms. Scrape the dough from the edges of the processor with a spatula.
- Again press the processor and add the water. Process for 10 seconds. Scrape the edges again and continue processing for a full 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cashew cheese is smooth and thick. Add a tablespoon of water if necessary.
- Taste and rectify the lemon, salt and pepper.
You can refrigerate the cheese for up to a week in an airtight container.
This cheese is to be enjoyed and to ensure health. It helps you to prevent anemia and add to your required protein intake. Anemia can not only occur due to lack of iron and folic acid, but also due to vitamin B12 deficiency, Explain NIH Office of Dietary Supplements.
When you don’t consume animal products, Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that you should pay attention to since it is found naturally in foods from animals. However, there are fortified foods like nutritional yeast that provide you with this nutrient in abundance.
It may interest you:
Digsmak is a news publisher with over 12 years of reporting experiance; and have published in many industry leading publications and news sites.