Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the New York Knicks, but thus far the points are on their side. Sitting on a score of 82-75, they have looked like the better team out there today, but there’s still one more quarter to play.
The top scorer for New York has been point guard Alec Burks (22 points). Power forward Kevin Durant has led the way so far for the Brooklyn Nets, as he has 19 points and six assists.
Brooklyn has lost 80% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Brooklyn @ New York
Current Records: Brooklyn 41-38; New York 35-44
What to Know
The New York Knicks have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Brooklyn Nets and are hoping to record their first victory since Jan. 26 of 2020. New York will take on Brooklyn at 7:30 p.m. ET Wednesday at Madison Square Garden after having had a few days off. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The Knicks made easy work of the Orlando Magic on Sunday and carried off a 118-88 win. The contest was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point New York had established a 94-62 advantage. Their success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but point guard Alec Burks led the charge as he had 19 points and six assists along with seven rebounds.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the matchup between Brooklyn and the Houston Rockets on Tuesday was still a pretty decisive one as Brooklyn wrapped it up with a 118-105 win at home. It was another big night for the Nets’ point guard Kyrie Irving, who shot 8-for-16 from beyond the arc and finished with 42 points and six assists.
Brooklyn is now 41-38 while the Knicks sit at 35-44. Brooklyn is still in the hunt for a spot in the playoffs, so these next three games are critical for them. New York has been eliminated from playoff contention. They are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Oklahoma City Thunder Feb. 14 easily too and instead slipped up with a 127-123. In other words, don’t count Brooklyn out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden — New York, New York
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $130.00
The Nets are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nets as a 7.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Brooklyn have won 15 out of their last 26 games against New York.
- Mar 13, 2022 – Brooklyn 110 vs. New York 107
- Feb 16, 2022 – Brooklyn 111 vs. New York 106
- Nov 30, 2021 – Brooklyn 112 vs. New York 110
- Apr 05, 2021 – Brooklyn 114 vs. New York 112
- Mar 15, 2021 – Brooklyn 117 vs. New York 112
- Jan 13, 2021 – Brooklyn 116 vs. New York 109
- Jan 26, 2020 – New York 110 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Dec 26, 2019 – New York 94 vs. Brooklyn 82
- Nov 24, 2019 – Brooklyn 103 vs. New York 101
- Oct 25, 2019 – Brooklyn 113 vs. New York 109
- Jan 25, 2019 – Brooklyn 109 vs. New York 99
- Dec 08, 2018 – Brooklyn 112 vs. New York 104
- Oct 29, 2018 – New York 115 vs. Brooklyn 96
- Oct 19, 2018 – Brooklyn 107 vs. New York 105
- Jan 30, 2018 – New York 111 vs. Brooklyn 95
- Jan 15, 2018 – New York 119 vs. Brooklyn 104
- Dec 14, 2017 – New York 111 vs. Brooklyn 104
- Oct 27, 2017 – New York 107 vs. Brooklyn 86
- Mar 16, 2017 – Brooklyn 121 vs. New York 110
- Mar 12, 2017 – Brooklyn 120 vs. New York 112
- Feb 01, 2017 – New York 95 vs. Brooklyn 90
- Nov 09, 2016 – New York 110 vs. Brooklyn 96
- Apr 01, 2016 – New York 105 vs. Brooklyn 91
- Feb 19, 2016 – Brooklyn 109 vs. New York 98
- Jan 13, 2016 – Brooklyn 110 vs. New York 104
- Dec 04, 2015 – New York 108 vs. Brooklyn 91
Injury Report for New York
- Nerlens Noel: Out (Foot)
- Mitchell Robinson: Out (Illness)
- Quentin Grimes: Out (Knee)
- Derrick Rose: Out (Ankle)
- Julius Randle: Out (Quadriceps)
- Cam Reddish: Out for the Season (Shoulder)
- Kemba Walker: Out for the Season (Rest)
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- James Johnson: Out (Illness)
- Goran Dragic: Out (Covid-19)
- Ben Simmons: Out (Back)
- Joe Harris: Out for the Season (Ankle)
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism