Current Records: Indiana 25-56; Brooklyn 43-38
What to Know
The Indiana Pacers haven’t won a game against the Brooklyn Nets since Nov. 18 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Sunday. Indiana might have tired legs after a contest yesterday as they head on the road against Brooklyn at 3:30 pm ET April 10 at Barclays Center. If the matchup is anything like the Nets’ 129-121 win from their previous meeting in January, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
The game between Indiana and the Philadelphia 76ers this past Saturday was not particularly close, with Indiana falling 133-120. Indiana’s loss shouldn’t obscure the performances of small forward Oshae Brissett, who had 20 points along with seven rebounds, and shooting guard Tyrese Haliburton, who had 19 points and nine assists. Brissett’s performance made up for a slower contest against Philadelphia in the teams’ previous meeting earlier this month.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn had enough points to win and then some against the Cleveland Cavaliers this past Friday, taking their matchup 118-107. Brooklyn’s power forward Kevin Durant did his thing and had 36 points and five assists in addition to five boards.
Indiana is now 25-56 while Brooklyn sits at 43-38. The Pacers have been eliminated from playoff contention. The Nets are still in the hunt for a spot in the playoffs, so these next one game are critical for them.
Indiana is the clear underdog, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Indiana has allowed their opponents to shoot 48.10% from the floor on average, which is the second highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. The Nets’ offense has more to brag about, as they rank fourth in the league when it comes to field goal percentage, with 47.30% on the season. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
how to watch
- When: Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center–Brooklyn, New York
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS SportsApp
- TicketCost: $45.00
The Nets are a big 17-point favorite against the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Nets, as the game opened with the Nets as a 15.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Indiana have won 14 out of their last 23 games against Brooklyn.
- Jan 05, 2022 – Brooklyn 129 vs. Indiana 121
- Oct 29, 2021 – Brooklyn 105 vs. Indiana 98
- Apr 29, 2021 – Brooklyn 130 vs. Indiana 113
- Mar 17, 2021 – Brooklyn 124 vs. Indiana 115
- Feb 10, 2021 – Brooklyn 104 vs. Indiana 94
- Feb 10, 2020 – Brooklyn 106 vs. Indiana 105
- Nov 18, 2019 – Indiana 115 vs. Brooklyn 86
- Oct 30, 2019 – Indiana 118 vs. Brooklyn 108
- Apr 07, 2019 – Brooklyn 108 vs. Indiana 96
- Dec 21, 2018 – Indiana 114 vs. Brooklyn 106
- Oct 20, 2018 – Indiana 132 vs. Brooklyn 112
- Feb 14, 2018 – Indiana 108 vs. Brooklyn 103
- Dec 23, 2017 – Indiana 123 vs. Brooklyn 119
- Dec 17, 2017 – Indiana 109 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Oct 18, 2017 – Indiana 140 vs. Brooklyn 131
- Feb 03, 2017 – Indiana 106 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Jan 05, 2017 – Indiana 121 vs. Brooklyn 109
- Nov 25, 2016 – Indiana 118 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Oct 28, 2016 – Brooklyn 103 vs. Indiana 94
- Apr 10, 2016 – Indiana 129 vs. Brooklyn 105
- Mar 26, 2016 – Brooklyn 120 vs. Indiana 110
- Feb 03, 2016 – Indiana 114 vs. brooklyn 100
- Dec 18, 2015 – Indiana 104 vs. Brooklyn 97
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- Seth Curry: Out (Ankle)
- Goran Dragic: Out (Covid-19)
- Ben Simmons: Out (Back)
- Joe Harris: Out for the Season (Ankle)
Injury Report for Indiana
- Malcolm Brogdon: Out (Back)
- Goga Bitadze: Out (Foot)
- Jalen Smith: Out (Groin)
- Myles Turner: Out for the Season (Foot)
- Chris Duarte: Out for the Season (Toe)
- TJ Warren: Out for the Season (Foot)
- Ricky Rubio: Out for the Season (Knee)
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism