Who is playing
Milwaukee @ Portland
Current Records: Milwaukee 32-21; Portland 21-32
what to know
The Portland Trail Blazers are 2-10 against the Milwaukee Bucks since December 2015, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a bit this past Saturday. Rip City is getting back on track when they host Milwaukee at 10 pm ET on February 5 at the Moda Center in the Rose Quarter. The Bucks will strut after a win, while the Trail Blazers will stumble after a loss.
It was a close contest, but Rip City had to settle for a 96-93 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder last Friday. Rip City’s leading scorers were shooting guard CJ McCollum (19 points) and shooting guard Anfernee Simons (19 points).
Meanwhile, Milwaukee didn’t have too much trouble with the Washington Wizards at home last week as they won 112-98. Power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo continued his habit of dropping crazy stat lines, posting a triple-double with 33 points, 15 rebounds and 11 assists. Antetokounmpo now has four triple-doubles this year.
Rip City has to know that they will be fighting an uphill battle given the 10.50 point spread they face. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the team has let down punters in the last four games.
Portland’s loss brought them to 21-32 while Milwaukee’s win brought them to 32-21. We’ll see if Rip City can steal the Bucks’ luck or if Milwaukee records another win instead.
how to watch
- When: Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center in the Rose Quarter – Portland, Oregon
- TV: Sports Bally Wisconsin
- Online transmission: fuboTV (Try it free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket cost: $20.00
The Bucks are a heavy 10.5-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, based on the latest NBA odds.
The line has strayed a bit towards the Bucks, as the game opened with the Bucks as 8.5-point favorites.
See the NBA picks for every game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Milwaukee has won ten of its last 12 games against Portland.
- April 02, 2021 – Milwaukee 127 vs. Portland 109
- Feb 01, 2021 – Milwaukee 134 vs. Portland 106
- January 11, 2020 – Milwaukee 122 vs. Portland 101
- Nov. 21, 2019 – Milwaukee 137 vs. Portland 129
- November 21, 2018 – Milwaukee 143 vs. Portland 100
- Nov 06, 2018 – Portland 118 vs. Milwaukee 103
- November 30, 2017 – Milwaukee 103 vs. Portland 91
- Oct. 21, 2017 – Milwaukee 113 vs. Portland 110
- March 21, 2017 – Milwaukee 93 vs. Portland 90
- December 07, 2016 – Milwaukee 115 vs. Portland 107
- February 02, 2016 – Portland 107 vs. milwaukee 95
- December 07, 2015 – Milwaukee 90 vs. Portland 88
Portland Injury Report
- Eric Bledsoe: Out (Achilles)
- Larry Nance Jr.: Out (knee)
- Keon Johnson: Out (not injury related)
- Damian Lillard: Out (Abdomen)
- Cody Zeller: Out (knee)
- Nassir Little: Off-Season (Shoulder)
Milwaukee Injury Report
- George Hill: out (neck)
- Brook Lopez: Out (Back)
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism