There is a common saying that goes likes this: “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” As indicated Healthcare, this saying seeks accentuate the properties of the apple to improve our health so that we do not need to go to the doctor.
It is true that apples are nutritious and beneficial fruits for us, but perhaps they are not enough to keep us healthy enough and not have to go to the specialist for some kind of disease.
Nutrients present in the apple
Apples contain important nutrients that are necessary for our well-being, such as fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. For example, in a medium-sized apple we can find the following nutrients in specific amounts:
- Calories: 95 kilo calories
- Carbohydrates: 25 grams
- Fiber: 4.5 grams
- Vitamin C: 9% of the daily value
- Copper: 5% of the daily value
- Potassium: 4% of the daily value
- Vitamin K: 3% of the daily value
Vitamin C in particular acts as an important antioxidant for the neutralization of harmful components for the body such as free radicals, which promote cellular oxidation.
Apples are also an important source of substances likes Quentin, caffeine acid, and epicatechin.
Health benefits of apple
The apple is attributed different health benefits that would account for its usefulness to achieve and maintain a state of well-being. These benefits include the following:
- Heart health: apple consumption may be associated with a decreased risk associated with some chronic diseases, including heart diseases.
- Cancer prevention: There is also research that indicates that apples could prevent the development of colorectal cancer, lung cancer, stomach cancer, colon cancer, and others.
- Weightless: due to its fiber content, apples promote the feeling of satiety, causing us to eat less. Consequently, our caloric intake decreases.
- Bone health: Studies in humans and animals have suggested that apple consumption may be associated with increased bone density and a lower risk of osteoporosis.
Possible setbacks of daily apple consumption
Although eating 1 apple a day is tempting for the benefits that we could perceive from it, there are also risks to which we would be exposed and that is worth knowing.
The increase in fiber intake that can occur from the continuous consumption of apples can lead to discomforts such as stomach pain, bloating, and gas.
On the other hand, and as with other fruits, in the apple we find a significant carbohydrate content. While this is not a problem for most, those who must follow a ketogénica diet they could think better of it before eating apples.
Regardless ofwhethert you include apples in your diet, you should still see a doctor from time to time for typical routine checkups, so that you do not neglect your state of health and be aware of what is happening with your body to have a healthy diet.
You may also likes:
Learn how to prepare delicious lentil burgers
Why these 5 foods rich in minerals should not be missing in your diet
No excuse to lose weight: 4 delicious recipes with very easy kiwilimon spinach
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.