Another fight, another big payday.
This time, it is Israel “The Last Stylebender” Adesanya and challenger Marvin Vettori who will walk away considerably richer from their spot at UFC 263. That said, both fighters enter the fight in Las Vegas under very different circumstances.
Adesanya (20-1, 15 KOs) is coming off his first career loss, a unanimous decision loss at the hands of Jan Blachowicz for the UFC light heavyweight title on March 6. Vettori (17-4-1), has won his last five games: four by unanimous decision and one by submission. His last fight? A split decision loss in April 2018 to Adesanya during “UFC on Fox 29.”
Saturday’s meeting, with Adesanya’s middleweight title at stake, is a far cry from the previous meeting of these fighters. Hopefully it can be as disputed as the previous game.
Either way, look for both fighters to make money on Saturday. Here’s how much money they could earn:
UFC 263 purse, cash prize
Confirmed payments for the UFC 263 bag will not be released until after the event. But we can use the fighters’ past bouts to make an educated guess as to how much they will win in Saturday’s event.
For Fighting streak, Adesanya made a confirmed $ 640,000 in his last fight at UFC 259, where he and Jan Blachowicz fought in the main event (he won $ 600,000 in purse and $ 40,000 as an endorsement bonus). It’s worth noting that, as a challenger for Blachowicz’s light heavyweight belt, Adesanya made less money than the champion (who made $ 1.04 million).
Fighting streak also reports that Vettori did $ 180,000 – $ 150,000 in purse and $ 30,000 in endorsement bonus – headlining at UFC Vegas 23. He made less money than his opponent, Kevin Hollard (who won $ 390,000).
Considering that the UFC middleweight title is on the line, the purse and pay are likely to be more like what Adesanya won at UFC 259. “The Last Stylebender” should make the most of Saturday’s game.
What is Israel Adesanya’s net worth?
The estimate changes depending on the point of sale, but Adesanya’s net worth is generally estimated to be between $ 2.5 million and $ 3 million, based on confirmed payouts at UFC 259 and estimates from websites like sportskeeda.com.
What is Marvin Vettori’s net worth?
Vettori has an estimated net worth of $ 600,000- $ 700,000, based on earnings from his UFC career.
UFC 263 Fight Card
- Pianni Kianzad vs. Alex Davis (women’s bantamweight)
- Frank Camacho vs. Matt Frevola (lightweights)
- Chase Hooper vs. Steve Peterson (featherweight)
- Rates Ziam vs. Luigi Vendramini (lightweights)
- Carlos Felipe vs. Jake Collier (heavyweights)
- Drew Dober vs. Brad Riddell (lightweights)
- Eryk Anders vs. Darren Stewart (light heavyweights)
- Lauren Murphy vs. Joanne Calderwood (women’s flyweight)
- Movsar Evloev vs. Hakeem Dawodu (featherweights)
- Israel Adesanya vs. Marvin Vettori (Middleweight Championship)
- Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Brandon Moreno (flyweight championship)
- Leon Edwards vs. Nate Diaz (welterweights)
- Demian Maia vs. Belal Muhammad (welterweight)
- Paul Craig vs. Jamahal Hill, (light heavyweights)
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.