1. One of the best things on Twitter lately has been watching Steelers linebacker TJ Watt try to recruit his free agent brother, JJ, for Pittsburgh.
It seems TJ isn’t using social media just to convince JJ to join him and his other brother, fullback Derek, in Steel City. On Thursday, JJ shared a video of TJ shoveling snow.
The video did two things. 1) It led to several questions about the shovels situation and 2) it put Twitter into a frenzy.
We do not know if this excavation took place at TJ’s home, JJ’s home, or the home of another family member. But that didn’t stop many fans from assuming the stroke was a bribe intended to push JJ toward the Steelers. So fans of other teams used the video to make their own pitches to the future Hall of Fame defensive lineman.
But before we get to those videos, let me address the questions I have about this video. And if you are reading this please send it to TJ because I NEED answers.
- Is TJ shoveling in crocs or those slippers? If so, why? How?
- I understand TJ is a big, tough football player and one of the best in the NFL, but how is he not wearing a hat, gloves, or scarf?
- I’m going to give the Watts a pass so they don’t pay anyone to kick because once the person realizes they are paying for an NFL player, it’s time to raise the prices. But how come neither TJ nor JJ don’t own a snow thrower?
Okay, now that I’ve got all that off my chest, here’s how Twitter reacted to JJ’s video of TJ shoveling:
Rumors say that JJ is seriously considering signing with Cleveland. And the Packers are a strong player since JJ is from Wisconsin. But given the great relationship the three Watt brothers seem to have, I’m encouraging JJ to land with the Steelers.
It would be great to see JJ and TJ rush to quarterbacks together and more importantly, I don’t want TJ’s shovel to go to waste.
two. After LeBron James missed a free throw after a technical foul, Nets guard Kyrie Irving made some solid comments.
3. This is an outstanding comment from ESPN’s Bill Walton.
4. Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley argued about Inside the NBA Thursday night about the real reason the NBA is holding the All-Star Game in Atlanta.
5. When Aaron Rodgers delivered his MVP speech a few weeks ago, the focus was on the quarterback revealing that he was engaged. What a lot of people missed in his speech was that he brought up actress Jodie Foster when he listed the people he wanted to thank.
Foster showed up Thursday night Jimmy Kimmel Live! and explained that while she is a huge Packers fan, she has never met Rodgers and was surprised by his mention.
6. If you like the current collectible card craze, or if you just want to learn about the boom in collectible cards, you will enjoy the latest SI Media Podcast which includes an interview with Darren Rovell.
The main focus of the episode is the explosion of the trading card business. From why the boom happened and whether it will last to the process of qualifying cards and selling them for profit, Rovell explains many aspects of this phenomenon in depth. It also explains that people buy and sell more than cards. Game tickets, videotapes, and checks are also in high demand. In addition to discussing the world of trading cards, we also talked about the Super Bowl streaker who claims he won $ 375,000 on a $ 50,000 bet and the possibility of Twitter adding a paid service.
You can also watch the podcast on YouTube.
7. RANDOM OF THE DAY: Tomorrow marks the 10th anniversary of Blake Griffin’s jump on a Kia in the Slam Dunk contest.
Be sure to catch up on past editions of Traina Thoughts and check out the Sports Illustrated Media podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina at Apple, Spotify or Stapler. You can also follow Jimmy on Twitter Y Instagram
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.