1. I don’t have a favorite soccer team, so I adopt one or two teams every year. I’ve been on the Chiefs’ train for a while, but they didn’t cover a lot of spreads this year and cost me a lot of money, so I jumped ship and now I’m pushing myself for the Bills to win the Super Bowl. (I also love his +700 value to win the Lombardi Trophy.)
The main reason I’ve become a sponsor of the Bills is Josh Allen. It’s entertaining on the field and enjoyable off the pitch … which brings me to two great videos.
First, we have Allen and his teammates dancing like a storm in Thursday’s practice to the MC Hammer 1990 classic. You can not touch this.
Second, Allen tells SiriusXM’s Adam Schein that he’s not ready to jump a table if the Bills win the Super Bowl. Nerd. One table is not enough for Allen. He told Schein that it will be “tables.” Plural. And Allen doesn’t stop there. After expressing his desire to jump across several tables, he said, “And set them on fire. Let’s do it.”
Unless you’re a fan of one of the other teams in the postseason, how could you not be on the Buffalo train right now?
2. Here’s a cool chart from Fanatics detailing the best-selling NFL jerseys for each week of the regular season.
3. NBC’s Cris Collinsworth was the answer to a Danger! he asks on Thursday night, but, as he acknowledged on Twitter, the moment wasn’t as flattering as it could have been.
Here’s the video for the hint (and lack of response).
4. The state of Ohio is happy that Michigan has granted Jim Harbaugh a five-year contract extension.
5. This week SI Media Podcast it was recorded Wednesday afternoon, before the disturbing events on Capitol Hill occurred.
The episode features interviews with New York Post sports media columnist Andrew Marchand and reporter Armen Keteyian, who is an executive producer of the upcoming HBO Tiger Woods documentary, which I reviewed on Thursday’s Traina Thoughts.
Topics I discussed with Marchand include Boomer Esiason’s performance replacing Tony Romo, an update on Jim Nantz’s contract status with CBS, an issue for Fox’s pregame college football show, Tom Rinaldi leaving ESPN for Fox , ESPN is being misled by a fake Adam Schefter story and more.
6. RANDOM VIDEO OF THE DAY: The first part of HBO’s two-part documentary, Tiger, will air this Sunday at 9pm. I reviewed the document earlier this week and discussed it in depth with executive producer Armen Keteyian on this week’s show. SI Media Podcast.
As I told Keteyian, one of my all-time favorite videos in internet history, which I posted multiple times during my days writing Hot Clicks, is the Taiwanese animated recreation of the night Elin caught Tiger for cheating. Very very good.
7. SPORTS VIDEO OF THE DAY: Ten years ago today.
Be sure to catch up on past editions of Traina Thoughts and check out the Sports Illustrated Media podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina at Apple, Spotify or Stapler. You can also follow Jimmy on Twitter and Instagram.
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.