Through 2 Quarters
Both the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Sacramento Kings have kept the scorekeepers busy with 140 between them two quarters in. a win is still up for grabs for either team, but Minnesota is up 73-67
The Timberwolves have been led by center Karl-Anthony Towns, who so far has 14 points and three assists along with seven boards. A double-double would be Towns’ fifth in a row. Towns does need to be careful, however, as he is in early foul trouble with three.
Power forward Harrison Barnes has led the way so far for Sacramento, as he has 19 points and two assists in addition to four rebounds.
Sacramento hasn’t been much of a second-half team this season, losing 82% of the time when they were down at the break.
Minnesota @ Sacramento
Current Records: Minnesota 28-25; Sacramento 20-35
What to Know
The Sacramento Kings will take on the Minnesota Timberwolves at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday at Golden 1 Center after having had a few days off. Sacramento is out to stop a three-game streak of losses at home.
The Kings bagged a 113-103 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder this past Saturday. Among those leading the charge for Sacramento was power forward Harrison Barnes, who had 24 points and five assists in addition to nine boards.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the game between Minnesota and the Detroit Pistons on Sunday was still a pretty decisive one as Minnesota wrapped it up with a 118-105 win at home. Minnesota relied on the efforts of point guard D’Angelo Russell, who had 22 points and eight assists along with five rebounds, and center Karl-Anthony Towns, who posted a double-double on 24 points and 12 rebounds. That makes it four consecutive games in which Towns has had at least ten rebounds.
The Kings are expected to lose this next one by 7. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
Their wins bumped Sacramento to 20-35 and the Timberwolves to 28-25. We’ll see which team can carry over their success and which team inevitably falls when Sacramento and Minnesota clash.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Golden 1 Center — Sacramento, California
- TV: Bally Sports – North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Timberwolves are a solid 7-point favorite against the Kings, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Timberwolves as a 3-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Minnesota have won 14 out of their last 22 games against Sacramento.
- Nov 17, 2021 – Minnesota 107 vs. Sacramento 97
- Apr 21, 2021 – Sacramento 128 vs. Minnesota 125
- Apr 20, 2021 – Minnesota 134 vs. Sacramento 120
- Apr 05, 2021 – Minnesota 116 vs. Sacramento 106
- Feb 03, 2020 – Sacramento 113 vs. Minnesota 109
- Jan 27, 2020 – Sacramento 133 vs. Minnesota 129
- Dec 26, 2019 – Minnesota 105 vs. Sacramento 104
- Feb 25, 2019 – Minnesota 112 vs. Sacramento 105
- Dec 17, 2018 – Minnesota 132 vs. Sacramento 105
- Dec 12, 2018 – Sacramento 141 vs. Minnesota 130
- Nov 09, 2018 – Sacramento 121 vs. Minnesota 110
- Feb 26, 2018 – Minnesota 118 vs. Sacramento 100
- Feb 11, 2018 – Minnesota 111 vs. Sacramento 106
- Dec 14, 2017 – Minnesota 119 vs. Sacramento 96
- Apr 01, 2017 – Sacramento 123 vs. Minnesota 117
- Feb 27, 2017 – Minnesota 102 vs. Sacramento 88
- Dec 23, 2016 – Sacramento 109 vs. Minnesota 105
- Oct 29, 2016 – Sacramento 106 vs. Minnesota 103
- Apr 07, 2016 – Minnesota 105 vs. Sacramento 97
- Mar 23, 2016 – Minnesota 113 vs. Sacramento 104
- Dec 18, 2015 – Minnesota 99 vs. Sacramento 95
- Nov 27, 2015 – Minnesota 101 vs. Sacramento 91
Injury Report for Sacramento
- De’Aaron Fox: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Marvin Bagley III: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Tristan Thompson: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Buddy Hield: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Tyrese Haliburton: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Terence Davis: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Minnesota
- McKinley Wright IV: Out (Elbow)
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism