one. The flagship event of WWE, Wrestlemania, takes place this Saturday and Sunday night.
So it feels good that Good morning soccerKyle Brandt would give us a truly amazing impression of one of the greatest WWE Superstars of all time, Randy “Macho Man” Savage.
Friday GMFB featured a segment where co-hosts gave pumping speeches from the 2021 NFL draft.
Brandt faced the New York Jets and awaited No. 3 pick Zach Wilson. But he did it like the Macho Man. To say that Brandt did it perfectly would be an understatement. The voice, the gestures, the ribbon around the fingers, the dropping of Miss Elizabeth’s name, the nonsensical references, ranting to the point where you think it’s going to burn – Brandt’s version of Randy Savage had it all. Have a look:
The only thing missing was Brandt saying that Jets general manager Joe Douglas has “lust in his eyes” for Zach Wilson.
two. Even players hate Major League Baseball’s horrible blocking rules. Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard, currently on the disabled list, tried to watch his team’s home opener on Thursday but had no luck and was instead forced to watch, “the pirates.”
3. All the coverage surrounding Thursday’s Marlins-Mets game was on the controversial ending, where New York outfielder Michael Conforto was intentionally hit by a pitch to win the game. The real controversy is that Conforto’s actions overshadowed the highlight of the game: Jeff McNeil’s A + bat flip.
4. Charles Barkley stinks of golf, part of which we’ve lost count.
5. If you have enjoyed Aaron Rodgers career as Danger! This week’s host, you’ll want to see this story from my colleague, Dan Gartland, about what happened to Sports Jeopardy!.
6. The new this week Sports Illustrated Media Podcast, hosted by yours for real, includes an interview with New York Post sports media columnist Andrew Marchand. Some of the topics discussed include whether Ian Eagle or Jim Nantz should call the Final Four for CBS / Turner, how he fared with CBS and how both parties feel about their new deal, ESPN’s decision to fire the NBA analyst. Paul Pierce after he posted an Instagram. Live video of himself partying with strippers, Kirk Herbstreit criticizing ESPN colleague Dan Orlovsky for Orlovsky’s comments on Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields, how Jim Rome’s career compares to that of other presenters from radio and much more.
You can also see the SI Media Podcast in Youtube.
7. RANDOM VIDEO OF THE DAY: Finished Wrestlemania Week with a clip of one of the most underrated ‘Mania moments: Jim Ross losing his mind at the end of the famous Stone Cold Steve Austin-Rock match in WrestleMania XXVII.
Be sure to catch up on past editions of Traina Thoughts and check out the Sports Illustrated Media podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina at Apple, Spotify or Stapler. You can also follow Jimmy on Twitter and Instagram.
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.