one. I really, really, really didn’t want to write about the couple that got kicked out of last night’s Hawks-Lakers game after badmouthing LeBron James. I hate to pay that attention to people like that and I have many more things I would like to say about husband and wife, but none of that can be published on SI.com.
As someone tweeted me last night, the woman who got engaged to LeBron will probably end up on the Tucker Carlson show to talk about “being censored” and do a bunch of talk shows and take advantage of this for all it’s worth. Everything is gross.
However, once LeBron spoke post-game about the incident and dropped his tweet on the matter, I went through some of the responses and verified what people on Twitter were saying about the incident. I was impressed by the creativity and couldn’t help but laugh at the jokes about the woman now known as Courtside Karen. So I felt it was my duty to share some of the funniest and most creative things I came across.
If you are not familiar with the incident, this is a solid breakdown:
And this here is just a great internet connection:
Here’s a rundown of Courtside Karen’s best work on social media.
2. This is actually a fun angle to Brady vs LeBron. Which superstar has been seen by the most viewers during his career?
3. This is great news.
4. One of the most underrated sports conspiracy stories that crop up regularly is the allegations of people using burning Twitter accounts. Golfer Patrick Reed is the latest athlete to face such accusations and his attorney even had to issue a denial. What world.
5. We launch a bonus SI Media Podcast Friday afternoon with WWE Superstar Roman Reigns.
The universal champion made no effort to respond to recent claims made by The Undertaker and Bill Goldberg that today’s WWE wrestlers are “soft.” Reigns also explains why he thinks today’s superstars have a harder time than those who performed during the company’s Attitude Era. Reigns talked about his long-awaited heel twist and how it went, why this Wrestlemania may not be suitable for a game against Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and if you are concerned about performing in front of fans in Wrestlemania during the pandemic. The man known as “The Head of the Table” also talks about what it’s like to be a father to not one, but two sets of twins and gives a Super Bowl prediction between the Bucs and Chiefs.
You can also watch the podcast on YouTube.
6. RANDOM VIDEO OF THE DAY: I thought you were already pretty impressed with the internet after your work on the LeBron vs. Courtside Karen, but then I came across this video that combines soft, relaxing music with various calls from Joe Buck over the years and now I’m speechless.
7. SPORTS VIDEO OF THE DAY: I was invited to Chris Long’s Green Light Podcast yesterday to discuss the Super Bowl prop betting. Naturally, the length of the national anthem was an important issue. Long brought up this rendition of Aaron Neville and Aretha Franklin in Super Bowl 40, which he had trouble remembering, so I checked it out. Those final notes must have wreaked havoc on the people who bet more or less for the length of the song.
Be sure to catch up on past editions of Traina Thoughts and check out the Sports Illustrated Media podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina at Apple, Spotify or Stapler. You can also follow Jimmy on Twitter Y Instagram
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.