The Louisiana Ragin ‘Cajuns (0-1) host the FCS Nicholls State Colonels on Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021 at Cajun Field. The Ragin ‘Cajuns are widely favored by 26 points in the game. The contest has a total of points set at 64.5.
For more information on gambling and fantasy, join the SI Winners Club newsletter.
Odds for Louisiana vs. Nicholls State
Odds courtesy of Sports betting YES.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite spread odds||Spread quotas of the underdog||Total||More than total odds||Below Total Odds|
Over / Under Insights
- Saturday’s over / under is 29.5 points higher than the two teams’ combined 35 points per game average.
- The total for this contest is 15.5 points less than the 80 that these two teams combine to give up per game in 2021.
- The Ragin ‘Cajuns and their opponents score an average of 58.0 points per game, 6.5 less than Saturday’s total.
Louisiana Statistics and Trends
- The Ragin ‘Cajuns took a 38-18 loss last time when they faced the Texas Longhorns. The Longhorns were listed as 9-point favorites and won against that margin.
- Find the latest odds and place bets on the Ragin ‘Cajuns to cover the spread on SISportsbook.
- Teams combined to fall short of total points (58).
- The Ragin ‘Cajuns score 18.0 points per game, 24.0 less than the Colonels surrender per game (42.0).
- The Ragin ‘Cajuns accumulate 229.0 fewer yards per game (358.0) than the Colonels give up per outing (587.0).
- The Ragin ‘Cajuns have delivered the ball once more (1 total) than the Colonels have forced a loss (0) this season.
Nicholls State Statistics and Trends
- Do you think this game will be below the total? Go to SISportsbook for the latest odds and prices, and place your bets.
- The Colonels scored 17.0 points per game, 21.0 fewer than the Ragin ‘Cajuns (38.0).
- The Colonels accumulate 136.0 fewer yards per game (299.0) than the Ragin ‘Cajuns allow per contest (435.0).
- The Colonels have turned the ball over once this season, one more loss than the Ragin ‘Cajuns have forced (0).
Louisiana Top Players
- Levi Lewis has passed for 282 yards while completing 70% of his shooting (28 of 40), with one touchdown and zero interceptions (282.0 yards per game).
- Chris Smith has a team-best 54 rushing yards (54.0 per game) and a touchdown. He has scored four receptions for 19 yards (19.0 yards per game).
- So far this year, Montrell Johnson has rushed for 27 yards on six carries (27.0 ypg).
- Jalen Williams has accumulated five receptions for 71 yards, the best of his team. He averages 71.0 receiving yards per game.
- Errol Rogers Jr. has also contributed 50 yards on five receptions. He is averaging 50.0 receiving yards per game this year.
- Neal Johnson is averaging 40.0 yards per game, racking up three receptions for 40 yards.
Nicholls State Top Players
- This year, Lindsey Scott Jr. has accumulated 194 passing yards (194.0 yards per game) while hitting 17 of 30 (56.7% completion percentage) and throwing a touchdown and zero interceptions. He has added 24 rushing yards on seven carries with a touchdown, averaging 24.0 yards per game.
- Julien Gums has rushed to lead the team for 48 yards on 13 carries (48.0 yards per game).
- This season, Dai’Jean Dixon has seven receptions for a total of 107 receiving yards (107.0 per game).
- KJ Franklin’s stat line this year shows five receptions for 38 yards and one touchdown. He averages 38.0 receiving yards per game.
- This season Jay Tyler is averaging 19.0 yards per game, with one catch for 19 yards.
Louisiana Ragin ‘Cajuns vs. Nicholls State Colonels Game Information
- Game’s Day: Saturday, September 11, 2021
- Game time: 7:00 pm ET
- Television channel: ESPN3
- Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
- Stadium: Cajun Countryside
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.