The doctors who operated on the Cervera champion last December for 11 hours and rebuilt his right humerus, ask him for a little more patience
‘Magic’ Marc, as he is called in Italy, will miss the first two GP of the year, Qatar (March 28) and Losail (April 4), and could reappear in Portimao (Portugal), on April 18
“I feel bad about missing the opening of the World Cup, but I have to keep working hard to come back as soon as possible,” says MM93, who feels well recovered from his injury.
When everything seemed to indicate that the Catalan rider Marc Márquez Alentá (Honda), great dominator of the MotoGP World Championship in the last decade and that, last year, he was forced to give up, due to a serious injury to his right arm, his throne of the queen category to the young Majorcan Joan Mir (Suzuki), was going to reappear, this week, in the Qatar Grand Prix, with which the Motorcycle World-2021, at Losail night circuit (Doha, Qatar), it has just been learned that the medical team that operated on him, last December, in the Ruber International Hospital, from Madrid, led by the Samuel Antuña and Ignacio Roger de Oña, They have recommended that, although everything is going “well”, be a little more patient and, for now, not travel to Qatar to take part in the World Cup debut.
Possible comeback in Portugal
As El Periódico de Catalunya, Márquez, has learned, that he felt very comfortable and fast in Montmeló Y Portimao at the controls of a Honda Rc213V-S, grand prix replica, with 215 horses, will also miss next week the Losail GP, that is, the second consecutive race of the season, since, according to the official statement of the Repsol Honda team, the next revision, with the Antuña, Roger de Oña, De Miguel, Ibarzabal and García VillanuevaIt will be, next April 12, eight days after the Losail GP and the same week that it is raced in Portimao, where it could be, since that was the recommended appointment by the Cervera champion’s environment to reappear.
“In the review carried out on the pilot Marc Márquez by the medical team led by doctors Samuel Antuña and Ignacio Roger de Oña, and made up of doctors De Miguel, Ibarzabal and García Villanueva, 15 weeks after surgery for an infected pseudoarthrosis of the humerus Right, a good clinical response has been found, “says the statement from the Repsol Honda team. “However, considering the period of time and the current state of the bone consolidation process, the doctors consider it prudent and necessary not to accelerate the return of Márquez to the track after a long period of inactivity, thus avoiding putting the humerus at risk in a great effort “.
It may interest you
Márquez will have patience
“After the last medical check-up”, Márquez himself comments in that statement, “the doctors have warned that the most prudent thing to do was not take part in the Qatar GP and continue with the recovery plan that we have followed in recent weeks. I would have loved to be able to participate in the inaugural race of the World Championship, but we will have to continue working to recover the optimal conditions that will allow us to return to competition with guarantees of success. “
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.