1:10pm PDT, Mar 19, 2022
Maren Morris defends Playboy shoot: ‘country female sexuality in its realistic form’
Maren Morris is clapping back at “prudes” who don’t approve of her 2019 Playboy appearance. In posts on her de ella Instagram Stories and feed on March 18, the 31-year-old country star assured detractors she has nothing but pride for the sophisticated, relatively tame black and white photo shoot she did for the men’s mag. Screenshotting a comment on one of the photos that read, “Please dress appropriate,” Maren shared her response from her on her from her Stories from her: “RESPECT 4 MOM BOOBZ” she told the hater. “I see this kind of comment a lot on country music accounts at me, soooooo GET OVER IT,” she captioned the post. Maren then shared one of the topless pics from the shoot on her Stories de ella, writing that she was, “Letting all the prudes know women in country music own their sexuality too.” Over on her feed, she shared the same snap, along with a heads-up to other potential critics. “Before I go into the next album era, I did @playboy in 2019 and got a lot of hate at the time, but I’m the proudest that I showed country female sexuality in its realist form here,” she wrote. “We are nuanced, we are messy and stretch-marked in the most beautiful way. Don’t sleep on us. We tell your down home stories in the most unflinching, gorgeous lane. Don’t forget it.” Country music peers including LeAnn Rimes and Mickey Guyton, along with famous fans like Kyle Richards, all responded with props for the singer. “I adore this photo! You look stunning!” LeAnn wrote in the comments. “The ones talking s*** are only DYING to let this side of themselves out. Expression, not repression,” she added.
Keep reading to find out why Kanye West can’t perform at the Grammys despite his five nominations …
RELATED: Stars hit the 2022 ACM Awards red carpet
Kanye West barred from performing at Grammy Awards
Producers of the 2022 Grammy Awards have barred Kanye West from performing because of his “concerning online behavior,” a rep for the rapper confirmed to Variety on March 19. Kanye, who’s up for five awards, was suspended from Instagram for 24 hours last week after he used a racial slur in a post about Trevor Noah, this year’s Grammys host. Ye’s since-deleted comment appeared to be a response to comments Trevor made on “The Daily Show” about Kanye’s handling of his split from Kim Kardashian. “… What I see from the situation is a woman who wants to live her life without being harassed by an ex-boyfriend or an ex-husband or an ex-anything,” Trevor said, in part. He was referring to the onslaught of social media posts, music recordings and music videos in which Kanye’s trashed Kim’s new boyfriend, Pete Davidson, and made what Kim has said are false claims about Kanye’s access to her four children. Asked about the Grammy performance nix, Ye’s rep replied by sending a link to a report from the Blast that claimed the rapper’s team was told late on March 18 that Ye had “unfortunately” pulled from the performer lineup because of his “concerning online behavior.” the rep‘s only comment beyond that was, “This is confirmed,” according to Variety. Ye’s “Eazy” collaborator The Game was first to spark rumors of the lineup change when he wrote on social media, “Time & time again they show us that they only want to STEAL the culture, not allow you to ever be their equals. In a more than obvious move for reasons of minuscule actions…. The Grammys have at the last minute decided to pull (Kanye) from performing on the show as if we didn’t know it was coming.” The Game added, “Could be because (Trevor) is hosting and there was a conversation held amongst his team & the academy that led to the decision or because Ye’s account was suspended just days ago for reasons unknown… ” The Grammys air April 3, with confirmed performances by Billie Eilish, BTS, Lil Nas X, Olivia Rodrigo and more.
RELATED: The most buzzed-about moments from Grammys past
Sandra Bullock, Channing Tatum say they met because their kids fought in preschool
Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum have said they hit it off right away on the set of their upcoming adventure comedy, “The Lost City.” Their daughters, however, are another story. As Sandra recently told The New York Times, she and Channing “met through drama” — but not the movie variety. It seems the stars’ daughters, Laila Bullock and Everly Tatum got into a massive fight when they were in the same pre-school class. “I’ve blocked it all out,” Channing quipped in the Times interview alongside Sandra. “There’s some PTSD attached to it,” she joked. “We met through drama, in the principal’s office at preschool,” she explained. “We were called in together because Everly and Laila were trying to alpha the other one out, and we prayed it was the other’s child that caused the damage.” Happily, Laila and Everly’s narrative eventually got a Hollywood ending: They’re now totally pals. They even hung out together in the Dominican Republic while their respective parents shot the movie. “That’s the reason we did this film, so they could have one long, COVID-safe play date,” Sandra joked. “We even brought motorbikes down there. All we cared about is that Everly and Laila were just having the time of their lives.” “The Lost City,” which also stars Daniel Radcliffe, hits theaters March 25.
LuAnn de Lesseps apologizes for bar incident: ‘My struggles with alcohol are real’
A few days after she reportedly offended patrons and staff at New York City piano bar Townhouse, LuAnn de Lesseps posted an apology on Instagram on March 19. “This week, after a regrettable incident, I was faced with the truth,” wrote LuAnn, who has sought in-patient treatment for alcoholism and spoken openly about her addiction issues in recent years. “I want to apologize to the staff at Townhouse and anyone else I may have offended with my behavior. Clearly my struggles with alcohol are real!” she continued. “While I’ve made great strides over the years, there’s been times where I’ve failed. It’s one day at a time,” she wrote. “I’m in recovery and taking steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again.” In closing, she added, “I’m grateful to my family and my friends for their constant support,” signing the post, “Sincerely, LuAnn.” The “Real Housewives of New York City” star, 56, was quickly supported by friends and castmates in the comments. “Sending you love ❤️,” Lisa Rinna wrote. According to Page Six, LuAnn took over the piano at the popular bar, then was said to have “belted out jumbled versions of songs.” When she was booed, she reportedly yelled, “F*** you” at the crowd.
Britney Spears sparks pregnancy speculation on Instagram
It’s no secret Britney Spears wants to have a baby with fiance Sam Asghari. Now, her fans of her are wondering if she’s closer to making that dream a reality. The singer returned to Instagram on March 18 after briefly deleting her account from her. Among the new posts? A TikTok video of a clearly pregnant tummy. “Mommy… get me out of here 😬😃🙄🌹!!!!!“she playfully captioned it. The post sparked a wave of comments from fans who figured Britney was conveying a message with the pregnancy post. “Are you pregnant?? ❤️❤️❤️❤️🙌🙌,” one user asked directly. “STOP!!! I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK OMG BABY #3 IS COMING,” a second fan replied. The 40-year-old shares sons Sean Preston, 16, and Jayden James, 15, with her ex, Kevin Federline. During her conservatorship battle last year, she claimed in court that she was, “told right now under the conservatorship, I’m not able to get married or have a baby.” desire to have another child. Now that the conservatorship has been terminated, Britney’s mentioned babies repeatedly on Instagram. On Sam’s birthday earlier this month, she wrote, “I want a family with you” in one post. “Planning on having babies in Polynesia 👶🏼🤷🏼♀️☀️🏝 !!!!!!“She captioned another, sharing pics from the couple’s vacation.
Norman Reedus shares recovery update after head injury hospitalization
Norman Reedus will soon return to work on the set of “The Waking Dead.” On Instagram on March 18, the actor addressed a March 11 accident that left him hospitalized with a concussion. “Thank u for the nice thoughts it’s been a week. or two,” he wrote alongside a photo of a black cat lazing under a white sheet. “I was in an accident. but getting better getting cleared and gonna be back at work Tuesday they tell me,” he continued. TMZ previously reported Norman, who plays Daryl Dixon on the hit zombie series, had suffered a head injury on the set of the show. (Deadline has since reported it’s unclear if the accident happened during filming.) The actor was slated to appear at the Fandemic Dead Atlanta convention this weekend, but was apparently unable to make it. “And sorry about the Atlanta event I was looking forward to it,” he wrote in the post. “Most of all thank you for the eye in the dark messages I really loved that little cat.” Norman was previously injured on “The Walking Dead” set back in 2015.
Prince Harry, Duchess Meghan rumored to be presenting best picture Oscar
Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan won’t be attending the March 29 memorial service for Prince Philip at Westminster Abbey, after the British government refused to let Harry pay for police protection for his family in the UK But the Duke of Cambridge and his wife could turn up onstage at the Oscars two days before the funeral, potentially ruffling some feathers across the pond. That’s according to British tab The Sun, which claims a “US source” said the couple was asked to present an award at the Oscars “two years ago but politely declined.” Now, they’ve been “lined up” to present the Best Picture award at the March 27 ceremony, the insider claimed. “It would be seen as a final kick in the teeth for the royal family,” the source continued. “[Harry is] … too nervous to fly to London without police protection, but happy to stand up in front of a huge live audience at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Not great optics.“The couple, whose work is now focused on their Archewell charity foundation and who have donated substantial funding to Ukraine relief efforts, could use the Oscars platform to encourage potential donors to get involved in one of the causes they support, the source granted. Prince Philip died on April 9, 2021.
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism