The Marshall Thundering Herd (2-0) are double-digit, 10-point favorites heading into their meeting on Saturday, September 18, 2021, against the East Carolina Pirates (0-2). The plus / minus is set to 58.
For more information on gambling and fantasy, join the SI Winners Club newsletter.
Odds for Marshall vs. East Carolina
Odds courtesy of Sports betting YES.
Over / Under Insights
- The two teams’ combined points per game average, 64.5, is 6.5 points higher than Saturday’s over / under.
- The over / under from this contest is 23.0 points more than the 35 these two teams combine to surrender per game this season.
- The average total in Thundering Herd’s games this season is 49.3, 8.7 points less than Saturday’s total of 58.
- In 2021, games involving the Pirates have averaged a total of 57.5 points, 0.5 less than the over / under set for this game.
Marshall Statistics and Trends
- Marshall has a win against the spread in two games this season.
- This season, the Thundering Herd does not win against the spread when he enters a game as a 10-point or higher favorite.
- This year, Thundering Herd racked up 20.0 more points per game (46.5) than the Pirates Surrender (26.5).
- Marshall is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall in games when he records more than 26.5 points.
- The Thundering Herd collects 178.0 more yards per game (582.0) than the Pirates allow per match (404.0).
- In games Marshall produces over 404.0 yards, the team is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- The Thundering Herd have turned the ball twice more (6 total) than the Pirates have forced a turnover (4) this season.
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Marshall at SISportsbook.
East Carolina statistics and trends
- So far this year, East Carolina has not won against the spread.
- The Pirates have been underdog by 10 points or more once this season and haven’t covered the difference once.
- This season the Pirates are averaging 9.5 more points per game (18.0) than the Thundering Herd give up (8.5).
- East Carolina is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall when the team records more than 8.5 points.
- The Pirates accumulate 34.5 more yards per game (322.0) than the Thundering Herd give up (287.5).
- The Pirates have four turnovers this season, equal to the Thundering Herd’s carry-ons.
- Go to SISportsbook to find the last money line, margin, and over / under odds for this pairing.
Best Marshall Players
- Grant Wells has thrown for 333 yards while completing 66.7% of his passes (20 of 30), with zero touchdowns and two interceptions this year (333.0 yards per game). He has also carried the ball six times for 14 yards, averaging 14.0 yards per game.
- Rasheen Ali has made 14 attempts for a leading 59-yard rushing team (59.0 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns.
- Sheldon Evans has rushed for 27 yards on nine carries (27.0 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Talik Keaton has five receptions, leading his team with 100 yards (100.0 ypg) this season.
- Corey Gammage has also contributed seven receptions for 94 yards.
- Xavier Gaines has caught two passes for 61 yards, averaging 61.0 yards per game this year.
East Carolina Top Players
- Holton Ahlers has thrown for 295 yards while completing 55% of his passes (22 of 40), with two touchdowns and one interception this year (295.0 yards per game). He has also carried the ball 12 times for 14 yards, averaging 14.0 yards per game.
- Keaton Mitchell has rushed to lead the team for 50 yards on four attempts (50.0 yards per game). He also averages 79.0 receiving yards per game, capturing five passes for 79 yards and a touchdown.
- Rahjai Harris has accumulated 22 yards rushing on eight carries (22.0 yards per game) this season. He also has four receptions for 56 yards (56.0 per game).
- Jsi Hatfield has 51 receiving yards on three receptions, averaging 51.0 yards per game.
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.