The Maryland Terrapins (1-0) host FCS Howard Bison on Saturday, September 11, 2021 at Capital One Field in Maryland Stadium. Terrestrial turtles are highly favored by 48 points at the start. The total of points is 55.
For more information on gambling and fantasy, join the SI Winners Club newsletter.
Odds for Maryland vs. Howard
Odds courtesy of Sports betting YES.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite spread odds||Spread quotas of the underdog||Total||More than total odds||Below Total Odds|
Over / Under Insights
- The two teams combine to score 44 points per game, 11.0 less than the over / under in this contest.
- The over / under from this contest is 7.0 points less than the 62 these two squads combine to give up per game in 2021.
- The water turtle games this season have a total average of 55.0, the same value as Saturday’s over / under.
Maryland Statistics and Trends
- The Terrapins won 30-24 last time when they faced the West Virginia Mountaineers. The tortoises were listed as 3-point losers and covered that spread.
- Find the latest odds and place your bets on the Terrapins against the spread on SISportsbook.
- The total score in that game was under 55 points over / under.
- The Terrapins accumulate 8.0 points less per game (30.0) than the Bison deliver (38.0).
- The Terrapins are averaging 496.0 yards per game, 34.0 yards less than the 530.0 the Bison allow per game.
- The Terrapins have zero turnovers this season, equal to Bison’s takeout.
Howard statistics and trends
- Do you think this game will be below the total? Go to SISportsbook for the latest odds and prices, and place your bets.
- The Bison scores 14.0 points per game, 10.0 fewer than the Terrapins allow (24.0).
- The Bison is averaging 348.0 yards per game, 23.0 yards more than the 325.0 the Terrapins allow.
- This year, the Bison have zero turnovers, four fewer than the Terrapins have to carry (4).
Maryland Top Players
- This season, Taulia Tagovailoa has accumulated 332 passing yards (332.0 yards per game) while connecting 26 of 36 passes (72.2% completion percentage), with three touchdowns and zero interceptions.
- Tayon Fleet-Davis has carried 18 carries for a team-leading 123 rushing yards (123.0 yards per game). He also caught four passes for 18 yards (18.0 receiving yards per game).
- This season Isaiah Jacobs has rushed for 50 yards on 14 carries (50.0 ypg). Jacobs also helps in the passing game, catching three passes to lead the team with 23 (23.0 ypg).
- Dontay Demus Jr. has six receptions and sets the pace for his team with 133 receiving yards (133.0 ypg) while scoring a touchdown.
- Rakim Jarrett’s stat line this year shows six receptions for 122 yards and a touchdown. He averages 122.0 receiving yards per game.
Howard’s Top Players
- Quinton Williams has thrown for 226 yards completing 63% of his passes (17 of 27), with one touchdown and zero interceptions this year (226.0 yards per game).
- Jarett Hunter has rushed the team-leading 93 yards on 12 attempts (93.0 yards per game). He also averages 35.0 receiving yards per game, catching three passes for 35 yards.
- Ian Wheeler has rushed for 25 yards on three carries (25.0 yards per game), with a touchdown on the ground this year.
- Christian Carter has accumulated two receptions for 78 yards, the best of his team, and a touchdown. He averages 78.0 receiving yards per game.
- This season, Richie Ilarraza has caught three passes for 31 yards, averaging 31.0 receiving yards per game.
Maryland Terrapins vs. Howard Bison Game Information
- Game’s Day: Saturday, September 11, 2021
- Game time: 7:30 pm ET
- Television channel: BTN
- Location: College Park, Maryland
- Stadium: Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.