The NBA has revealed all 75 members of its 75th anniversary team and the names included did not disappoint.
MORE: Who was part of the NBA’s 75th anniversary team?
From George Mikan to Giannis Antetokounmpo, the roster contains players who have made widespread contributions since the inception of the league, ensuring that the history of the NBA cannot be told without its chapters.
NBA 75 Team Revealed: Full Player Roster Information
From the active players who made the cut to the franchises that have had the most greats of all time, there’s a lot to take out of the announced player roster.
Which active players made it to NBA 75?
Starting with Bucks forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, a total of 11 active players were selected. Antetokounmpo, who will not turn 27 until December 2021, is the youngest player selected to the list, entering his ninth NBA season.
Carmelo Anthony, who turns 38 in May, is the oldest active player to make the list.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Bucks
- Stephen Curry, Warriors
- Kevin Durant, Nets
- James Harden, Networks
- LeBron James, Lakers
- Kawhi Leonard, Spurs
- Chris Paul, Suns
- Russell Westbrook, Lakers
- Anthony Davis, Lakers
- Carmelo Anthony, Lakers
- Damian Lillard, American
How many players from the top 50 NBA players were included in the NBA 75?
Of the top 50 NBA players that were announced in 1996, all 50 were included in the NBA’s 75th anniversary team.
Which teams have the most NBA players 75?
While the three NBA charter franchises in the Celtics, Knicks and Warriors are well represented, it’s hard to ignore the presence of players who spent time with franchises like the 76ers and Lakers.
(Note: players can appear more than once for appearing with multiple franchises)
|Celtics||Nate Archibald, Larry Bird, Bob Cousy, Dave Cowens, Kevin Garnett, John Havlicek, Sam Jones, Kevin McHale, Shaquille O’Neal, Robert Parish, Bill Sharman, Bill Russell, Bill Walton. Ray Allen, Paul Pierce,|
|Lakers||Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Elgin Baylor, Kobe Bryant, Wilt Chamberlain, LeBron James, Magic Johnson, George Mikan, Steve Nash, Shaquille O’Neal, Russell Westbrook, Jerry West, James Worthy, Anthony Davis, Carmelo Anthony, Gary Payton, Bob McAdoo|
|Warriors||Paul Arizin, Rick Barry, Wilt Chamberlain, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Nate Thurmond|
|76ers||Charles Barkley, Wilt Chamberlain, Julius Erving, Hal Greer, Allen Iverson, Moses Malone, Billy Cunningham|
|Knicks||Patrick Ewing, Walt Frazier, Jerry Lucas, Willis Reed, Carmelo Anthony, Jason Kidd, Dave DeBusschere, Bob McAdoo, Earl Monroe|
- There are several examples where three or more of these players were teammates, including some notable title winners:
- 1962-63 Celtics: Cousy, Havlicek, Jones and Russell
- 1972-73 Knicks – Frazier, Lucas and Reed
- 1980-81 Celtics – Archibald. Bird and McHale
- 1982-89 Lakers – Abdul-Jabbar, Johnson, Worthy
- Bulls 1996-97 – Jordan, Rodman, Pippen
What decades are represented?
- Mikan, who made his Basketball Association of America (BAA) debut in 1948 and his NBA debut in 1949, made the earliest debut among the players on the roster.
- Antetokounmpo, who made his NBA debut in 2013, is one of the select few members on the roster who will debut after 2010.
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.