Through 2 Quarters
Those hoping for the Houston Rockets to upset the Brooklyn Nets may want to start looking elsewhere for things to brighten their day. Brooklyn is in control with a 64-47 lead over the Rockets.
Point guard Kyrie Irving has led the way so far for the Nets, as he has shot 5-for-10 from downtown and has recorded 22 points and two assists. One thing to keep an eye out for is Andre Drummond’s foul situation as he currently sits at three.
Houston has been led by shooting guard Jalen Green, who so far has 14 points in addition to four rebounds.
Houston @ Brooklyn
Current Records: Houston 20-59; Brooklyn 40-38
What to Know
The Houston Rockets have quite the challenge ahead of them as they’re expected to be blown off the court 1. They will head out on the road to face off against the Brooklyn Nets at 7:30 p.m. ET Tuesday at Barclays Center. Houston is hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 118.06 points per game.
The Rockets came up short against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Sunday, falling 139-132. Houston was down 116-92 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Their loss shouldn’t obscure the performances of shooting guard Josh Christopher, who had 30 points, and shooting guard Jalen Green, who had 31 points and five assists. The matchup made it Green’s fourth in a row with at least 30 points.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn came up short against the Atlanta Hawks this past Saturday, falling 122-115. Power forward Kevin Durant did his best for Brooklyn, finishing with 55 points (a whopping 48% of their total) in addition to seven boards.
With both teams hitting sour notes in their previous games, they will no doubt be looking to produce a better outcome in this one. Check back to see which squad is able to work their way into the win column.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center — Brooklyn, New York
- TV: ATTSN Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $32.00
The Nets are a big 17-point favorite against the Rockets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nets as an 18-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Houston have won seven out of their last 13 games against Brooklyn.
- Dec 08, 2021 – Houston 114 vs. Brooklyn 104
- Mar 31, 2021 – Brooklyn 120 vs. Houston 108
- Mar 03, 2021 – Brooklyn 132 vs. Houston 114
- Dec 28, 2019 – Houston 108 vs. Brooklyn 98
- Nov 01, 2019 – Brooklyn 123 vs. Houston 116
- Jan 16, 2019 – Brooklyn 145 vs. Houston 142
- Nov 02, 2018 – Houston 119 vs. Brooklyn 111
- Feb 06, 2018 – Houston 123 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Nov 27, 2017 – Houston 117 vs. Brooklyn 103
- Jan 15, 2017 – Houston 137 vs. Brooklyn 112
- Dec 12, 2016 – Houston 122 vs. Brooklyn 118
- Dec 08, 2015 – Brooklyn 110 vs. Houston 105
- Nov 11, 2015 – Brooklyn 106 vs. Houston 98
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- James Johnson: Out (Illness)
- Seth Curry: Out (Ankle)
- Goran Dragic: Out (Covid-19)
- Ben Simmons: Out (Back)
- Joe Harris: Out for the Season (Ankle)
Injury Report for Houston
- John Wall: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Eric Gordon: Out for the Season (Groin)
- Dennis Schroder: Out for the Season (Shoulder)
- Christian Wood: Out for the Season (Hamstring)
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism