The New England Patriots (2-4) host the New York Jets (1-4) on Sunday, October 24, 2021 in a matchup between opponents from the AFC East at Gillette Stadium. New York is a touchdown loser. It establishes a 42.5 points above / below the contest.
For more information on gambling and fantasy, join the SI Winners Club newsletter.
Odds for Patriots vs. Jets
More or less information
- New England has combined with its opponents to score more than 42.5 points just twice this season.
- New York and its opponents have combined to score more than 42.5 points in two games this season.
- The two teams combine to score 34.2 points per game, 8.3 less than the total in this contest.
- The 45.4 points per game that these two squads have yielded to rivals this season are 2.9 more than the 42.5 totals for this tournament.
- This season’s Patriots games feature an average total of 44.8 points, a number 2.3 points higher than Sunday’s over / under.
- The overall average of 43.8 points per game in Jets games this season is 1.3 points more than the over / under for this game.
Patriots stats and trends
- New England has two wins against the spread in six games this season.
- This season, the Patriots are winless ATS when they enter a game as 7-point or higher favorites.
- This year’s New England games have outshined the plus / minus twice six times (33.3%).
- The Patriots accumulate 20.8 points per game, 3.4 less than the Jets allow per competition (24.2).
- New England is 1-2 against the spread and 2-1 overall in games when it records more than 24.2 points.
- The Patriots are averaging 50.5 fewer yards per game (322.3), of which the Jets give up per outing (372.8).
- The Patriots have turned the ball seven more times (11 total) than the Jets have forced a turnover (4) this season.
- Click on to SISportsbook and find the bottom line, money line and total for New England’s showdown with the Jets.
Jet statistics and trends
- New York has a win against the spread in five games this year.
- The Jets still have to cover the margin this season when they are underdog by 7 points or more.
- This year’s New York games have exceeded the total of two of the five set points (40%).
- The Jets accumulate 7.8 fewer points per game (13.4) than the Patriots give up (21.2).
- The Jets accumulate 92.2 fewer yards per game (267) than the Patriots allow per game (359.2).
- The Jets have delivered the ball once more (9 total) than the Patriots have forced a loss (8) this season.
Home and road information
- New England has covered the spread once at home, and is 0-4 overall there, this year.
- In four home games this year, New England has beaten once.
- The Patriots’ home games this season average a total of 46.8 points, 4.3 more than the over / under in this competition (42.5).
- On the road, New York hasn’t won against the spread and is 0-3 overall.
- New York has beaten once in three road games this year.
- This season, the Jets’ away games are averaging 43.8 points, 1.3 more than the over / under in this competition (42.5).
Powered by Data Skrive.
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.