Friday, February 3

North Korea fires two more short-range missiles into the Sea of ​​Japan


  • Asia North Korea launches a missile on Japan, which asks its citizens to take refuge “underground”

Sixth missile launch in 12 days. North Korea has shot more than 40 shells this year. Its testing schedule to improve the arsenal is sharpening while its Asian neighbors simulate with the United States how to defend themselves in the event that one day one of Kim Jong-un’s explosive toys ceases to be a threat that ends up in the sea to go to to Earth.

The military tests of an eye for an eye continue in the Pacific. If the South Koreans and Americans fire their missiles in response to a North Korean projectile being fired on Japan, from Pyongyang They move again this Thursday by launching two other ballistic missiles towards their east coast.

Sel and Tokyo They say that the first flew at an altitude of about 100 kilometers and a range of 350 kilometers, while the second had an estimated altitude of 50 kilometers and covered 800 kilometers in an irregular trajectory. “This is the sixth time in the short period of time, counting the ones at the end of September. This cannot be tolerated,” he said. Fumio Kishida, Prime Minister of Japan.

A couple of days ago, the sound of anti-aircraft sirens woke up the residents of two northern prefectures, Hokkaido and Aomori, close to Russia, when a ballistic missile Hwasong-12 North Korean, capable of reaching US military bases in Guam, on the Micronesia, It flew over Japan for just a few seconds and almost 1,000 kilometers above the earth’s surface.

Also Read  Salaya asks that the company present the Cáceres underground mine to analyze whether it supports it or not

It had been five years since the Northern regime had fired a missile on Japanese soil. From Tokyo they responded by sending eight planes to perform a mock dogfight alongside four other US fighters. In Sel they also deployed four of their F-15K fighters to simulate a bombardment.

The response of the democratic allies ended with the South Korean navy and the United States also carried out a test with ballistic missiles in the coastal city of Gangneung. Although the biggest news from those exercises was that one of the South Korean projectiles, a Hyumoo-2 ballistic missile short-range, he missed and crashed to the ground inside an air force base.

International analysts understand that Thursday’s latest launch by North Korea is a response to joint maneuvers by Japan, South Korea and the United States, especially after Washington will display on Wednesday USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier in the Sea of ​​Japan, called the East Sea in the two Koreas.

“We are taking adequate defensive deterrence measures. If they (North Korea) continue down this path, they will only increase condemnation, increase isolation, and increase the steps that are taken in response to their actions,” he said Wednesday. Anthony Blinken, United States Secretary of State.

Blinken also accused China and Russia of helping the North Korean leader block attempts to tighten North Korean sanctions. UN Security Council against Pyongyang for its nuclear weapons and ballistic missile programs. An accusation that was fulfilled hours later, in the early hours of Thursday, when a meeting of the members of a divided Security Council convened after the launch of the North Korean ballistic missile over Japan ended.

Also Read  Being 'economical with the truth' has a long history in British politics – but enough is enough | simon jenkins

Again, as in previous meetings, no consensus was reached on what steps to take to respond to the Pyongyang threat. Russia and China, permanent members, once again exercised, as they did before the summer, their power to veto new sanctions. “It has been the irresponsibility of the US-led exercise, coupled with growing alliances with partners in the Asia-Pacific region, that prompted North Korea’s action,” he said. Anna Evstigneeva, Russia’s deputy representative to the UN. A similar line was followed by the Chinese envoy, Geng Shuang, that urged Washington to adopt a more conciliatory approach.

“This council must be aware that it is being tested and its credibility is at stake. It must act and produce an action that restores its credibility,” replied the Japanese representative, Hiroshi Minami, who called on the Council to return to its long-standing common position of condemning North Korean launches, such as when sanctions were imposed after Pyongyang’s first nuclear test in 2006, then tightened as the North Korean regime continued to fire missiles.

From the UN they have warned that North Korea seems to be moving towards a seventh nuclear test -in Sel they point out that, if launched, it would have to wait until after Congress Of The Communist Party Of China, on October 16 – which would be the first in five years, which would change the dynamics of security in the region, in addition to Russia’s nuclear threat to Ukraine.

Last year, the North Korean leader laid out a five-year plan to expand his nuclear arsenal, which includes “preemptive” and “retaliatory” strike capabilities that allow his warheads to “precisely hit and extinguish” targets within 15,000 kilometers.

Also Read  What exactly is 'AI-generated art'? How does it work? Will it replace human visual artists? | Art

“We should increase our nuclear technology and further develop nuclear weapons to be lighter and smaller while continuing to produce tactical nuclear weapons and super-large nuclear warheads,” Kim said. Those weapons include hypersonic missiles, solid-fuel intercontinental ballistic missiles that can be launched from land and sea, spy satellites and reconnaissance drones.

Last March, the dictator supervised the launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM)breaking with the self-imposed moratorium that included the cessation of the tests of nuclear weapons and long-range missiles, and that was announced in 2018 amid a wave of diplomacy and failed summits with the then president of the United States, donald trump.

From Washington they say they have tried to restart the stalled diplomacy with Pyongyang, extending the invitation for talks without preconditions. But they assure that from the regime of Kim Jong Un There is only silence and threats in the form of new missile launches as President Joe Biden stands firm in his rejection of old demands to offer sanctions relief and other concessions as a prelude to negotiations.

According to the criteria of

The Trust Project

Know more




www.elmundo.es

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *