Through 3 Quarters
Fans are certainly getting their money’s worth as the Denver Nuggets and the Golden State Warriors have combined for 207 points three quarters in. a win is still up for grabs for either team, but Denver is up 106-101
The Nuggets have been riding high on the performance of center Nikola Jokic, who has dropped a triple-double on 22 points, 12 dimes, and 12 boards. A double-double would be Jokic’s 18th in a row.
Shooting guard Moses Moody has led the way so far for Golden State, as he has shot 5-for-10 from downtown and has recorded 27 points.
Golden State @ Denver
Current Records: Golden State 43-21; Denver 38-26
What to Know
The Golden State Warriors will hit the road for the fourth straight game as they head to Ball Arena at 9 p.m. ET on Monday. The Denver Nuggets will be strutting in after a win while the Warriors will be stumbling in from a loss.
Golden State came up short against the Los Angeles Lakers this past Saturday, falling 124-116. Shooting guard Klay Thompson wasn’t much of a difference maker for the Dubs; Thompson played for 31 minutes but put up just seven points on 3-for-13 shooting and four turnovers.
Meanwhile, it may have taken overtime to finish the job, but the Nuggets ultimately got the result they were hoping for on Sunday with a 138-130 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans. Center Nikola Jokic had a dynamite game for Denver; he dropped a triple-double on 46 points, 12 boards, and 11 assists. That makes it 13 consecutive games in which Jokic has had at least ten rebounds.
The Warriors are expected to lose this next one by 8.5. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past four games, so buyers beware.
The Dubs are now 43-21 while the Nuggets sit at 38-26. Two stats to keep an eye on: The Dubs have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 43.70%, which places them second in the league. But Denver comes into the matchup boasting the third highest field goal percentage in the league at 47.50%. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Ball Arena — Denver, Colorado
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $55.00
The Nuggets are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Warriors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 9.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Golden State have won 13 out of their last 22 games against Denver.
- Feb 16, 2022 – Denver 117 vs. Golden State 116
- Dec 28, 2021 – Denver 89 vs. Golden State 86
- Apr 23, 2021 – Golden State 118 vs. Denver 97
- Apr 12, 2021 – Golden State 116 vs. Denver 107
- Jan 14, 2021 – Denver 114 vs. Golden State 104
- Mar 03, 2020 – Golden State 116 vs. Denver 100
- Jan 16, 2020 – Denver 134 vs. Golden State 131
- Apr 02, 2019 – Golden State 116 vs. Denver 102
- Mar 08, 2019 – Golden State 122 vs. Denver 105
- Jan 15, 2019 – Golden State 142 vs. Denver 111
- Oct 21, 2018 – Denver 100 vs. Golden State 98
- Feb 03, 2018 – Denver 115 vs. Golden State 108
- Jan 08, 2018 – Golden State 124 vs. Denver 114
- Dec 23, 2017 – Denver 96 vs. Golden State 81
- Nov 04, 2017 – Golden State 127 vs. Denver 108
- Feb 13, 2017 – Denver 132 vs. Golden State 110
- Jan 02, 2017 – Golden State 127 vs. Denver 119
- Nov 10, 2016 – Golden State 125 vs. Denver 101
- Jan 13, 2016 – Denver 112 vs. Golden State 110
- Jan 02, 2016 – Golden State 111 vs. Denver 108
- Nov 22, 2015 – Golden State 118 vs. Denver 105
- Nov 06, 2015 – Golden State 119 vs. Denver 104
Injury Report for Denver
- Will Barton: Out (Ankle)
- Michael Porter Jr.: Out (Back)
- Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
- Vlatko Cancar: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Golden State
- Andre Iguodala: Out (Back)
- Klay Thompson: Out (Rest)
- Stephen Curry: Out (Rest)
- Otto Porter Jr.: Out (Illness)
- Andrew Wiggins: Out (Rest)
- Gary Payton II: Out (Knee)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
- Draymond Green: Out (Back)
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism