The No. 11 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-1, 0-0 Big Ten) and the eighth-ranked scoring offense will take to the field against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (3-1, 0-0 Big Ten) and the seventh-ranked scoring defense on Saturday, October 2, 2021. The Buckeyes are widely favored by 15 points in the game. A total of 58.5 points has been established for this match.
For more information on gambling and fantasy, join the SI Winners Club newsletter.
Odds for Ohio State vs. Rutgers
Odds courtesy of Sports betting YES.
State of ohio
Over / Under Insights
- Ohio State and its opponents have surpassed the current total of 58.5 points in all four games this season.
- Rutgers games are still under 58.5 points this season.
- The two teams’ combined points per game average, 77.3, is 18.8 points above Saturday’s over / under.
- The over / under of this contest is 21.7 points above the 36.8 that these two teams combine to surrender per game this season.
- The Buckeyes and their opponents have scored an average of 64.3 points per game in 2021, 5.8 more than Saturday’s total.
- The 58.5 over / under in this game is 9.8 points above the average total of 48.7 in Scarlet Knights games this season.
Ohio State Statistics and Trends
- The state of Ohio has covered the spread twice this year.
- This season, the Buckeyes have just one ATS win in three games as 15-point or higher favorites.
- This year’s Ohio State games have outperformed two of four set point totals (50%).
- The Buckeyes accumulate 43.3 points per game, 29.8 more than the Scarlet Knights surrender by contest (13.5).
- Ohio State is 2-2 against the spread and 3-1 overall in games when it scores more than 13.5 points.
- The Buckeyes accumulate 295.0 more yards per game (559.3) than the Scarlet Knights allow per contest (264.3).
- In games where Ohio State accumulates more than 264.3 yards, the team is 2-2 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- The Buckeyes have five gifts this season, while the Scarlet Knights have eight gifts.
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Ohio State at SISportsbook.
Rutgers Statistics and Trends
- Rutgers has played four games, with three wins against the spread.
- The Scarlet Knights covered the spread in their only game when they weren’t favorites by 15 points or more.
- Rutgers games this year have exceeded the total one in three opportunities (33.3%).
- The Scarlet Knights accumulate 10.7 more points per game (34.0) than the Buckeyes give up (23.3).
- Rutgers is 1-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall as the team scores more than 23.3 points.
- The Scarlet Knights accumulate 351.0 yards per game, 59.8 yards less than the 410.8 that the Buckeyes allow.
- This year, the Scarlet Knights have one rotation, five fewer than the Buckeyes have to take (6).
- Go to SISportsbook to find the last money line, margin, and over / under odds for this pairing.
|State of ohio||Statistics||Rutgers|
Average Points Scored
Average Points allowed
Average Total Yards
Average Total Yards Allowed
To carry out
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.