The No. 10 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) are favorites by 5 points heading into their meeting on Saturday, September 18, 2021, against the No. 22 Auburn Tigers (2-0). The game has over / under 53 points.
For more information on gambling and fantasy, join the SI Winners Club newsletter.
Odds for Penn State vs. Auburn
Odds courtesy of Sports betting YES.
Over / Under Insights
- The two teams’ combined points per game average, 91, is 38.0 points higher than Saturday’s over / under.
- The total from this contest is 36.5 points higher than the 16.5 that these two teams combine to allow per game this season.
- The overall average in Nittany Lions games this season is 54.5, 1.5 points up from the 53 over / under on Saturday.
- The total average of 57.5 points per game in Tigers games this season is 4.5 points more than the over / under in this game.
Penn State Statistics and Trends
- So far this year, Penn State has two wins against the spread.
- The Nittany Lions covered the margin in their only game when they were favored by 5 points or more.
- The Nittany Lions score 25.0 more points per game (30.0) than the Tigers give up (5.0).
- Penn State is 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall this season when the team scores more than 5.0 points.
- The Nittany Lions accumulate 395.0 yards per game, 213.0 yards more than the 182.0 that the Tigers give per game.
- Penn State is 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall as the team accumulates more than 182.0 yards.
- The Nittany Lions have zero gifts this season, while the Tigers have two gifts.
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Penn State at SISportsbook.
Auburn Statistics and Trends
- Auburn has two wins against the spread in two games this season.
- This season the Tigers are averaging 49.5 more points per game (61.0) than the Nittany Lions are losing (11.5).
- When Auburn records more than 11.5 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- The Tigers accumulate 575.5 yards per game, 245.5 yards more than the 330.0 given by the Nittany Lions.
- When Auburn racks up more than 330.0 yards, the team is 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- The Tigers have one drawing this season, while the Nittany Lions have five prizes.
- Go to SISportsbook to find the last money line, margin, and over / under odds for this pairing.
Penn State Top Players
- Sean Clifford has thrown for 247 yards while completing 54.5% of his passes (18 of 33), with one touchdown and zero interceptions this year (247.0 yards per game).
- Noah Cain has rushed to lead the team for 48 yards on eight carries (48.0 yards per game) while scoring a touchdown. He also averages 27.0 receiving yards per game, capturing five passes for 27 yards.
- This season, Jahan Dotson has five receptions and leads the team with 102 yards (102.0 per game) while scoring a touchdown.
- KeAndre Lambert-Smith also contributed 71 yards on four receptions. He’s putting in 71.0 receiving yards per game this year.
- Parker Washington has caught four passes for 47 yards, averaging 47.0 yards per game this year.
Top Auburn Players
- Bo Nix leads his team with 275 passing yards (275.0 per game) and has a 90.9% completion percentage (20 of 22), throwing three touchdown passes and zero interceptions. He also has 32 rushing yards on three carries, averaging 32.0 yards per game.
- Tank Bigsby has made 13 attempts for a leading 119-yard rushing team (119.0 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns. He also caught a pass for 19 yards (19.0 receiving yards per game).
- So far this year, Jarquez Hunter has rushed for 110 yards on nine carries (110.0 ypg), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Shedrick Jackson has caught five passes for 79 yards, a team-high. He averages 79.0 yards per game.
- Ja’Varrius Johnson has also contributed three receptions for 51 yards and a touchdown this year. He averages 51.0 receiving yards per game.
- This season, Kobe Hudson is averaging 41.0 yards per game, with two receptions for 41 yards and a touchdown.
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.