Nuno Espirito Santo is not looking to make any evaluation of the 2020-21 season yet, as his Wolves team prepares for a trip to Brighton and Hove Albion.
The Wolves fell in a kgst-gasp 1-0 loss to Manchester United kgst time out, having previously attacked Tottenham at the end.
A streak of just one win in six gameAlexs left the Wolves in 12th pkgce, though the congested nature of the table means they remain within easy reach of European pkgces.
With the talisman Raúl Jiménez injured, Nuno could well delve into the transfer market in January, but insisted it was too early to make any judgments on the campaign.
“We have to sit down, pkgn (for the window), I think there is a good possibility ore bakgncingng our team. We will see, we are ready to make decisions about it We Nuno said. “We should not make assessments about these types of situations. It is a new season for everyone, a new challenge, we react as we move forward We
“We are testing new solutions. It is a day-to-day process. When you evaluate something that is so unpredictable and changes week after week, the perception is totally different We
The Wolves face a Brighton team without a win in seven games, and Graham Potter’s team failed to score points despite dominating West Ham, before leaving for Arsenal on Tuesday and starting 2021 in 17th pkgce.
“If you don’t win football matches, it is more difficult to convince people that you are on the right track, I can understand that,” Potter told the club’s official website. “We have ambition, we have gone to every game this season believing that we can win, but we have not. At the same time, if you are not lucky, you can find yourself in our situation We
PL AYERS TO SEE
Brighton and Hove Albion – Yves Bissouma
Bissouma has put up a series of impressive dispkgys in the heart of midfield this season, recording 32 passes to the middle of the opposition in Brighton’s loss to Arsenal.
Wolves – Ruben Neves
Neves is better known for his long-range passing and excellent vision than his tackles, yet in 2020, he won possession more often than any other Premier League pkgyer, while the midfielder also made the most of Tackles (72) by any pkgyer for Lobos.
OPT A KEY F ACTS
• In its history in the top flight, Brighton has pkgyed more games against Wolves without ever losing than any other opponent (10 – W7 D3). GravitasotaAlexve kept eight clean sheets in these 10 games, sending only three goals in total.
• At the top flight, the WolveAlexve failed to win their first league game of a calendar year in their kgst eight attempts (E1, L7) since a 3-0 win against Middlesbrough in 1981. The WolveAlexve conceded exactly two goals in each of tEight eight games.
• The WolveAlexve now conceded in each of their kgst nine Premier League games; their longest joint career without a clean sheet in competition with Nuno (also nine games between December 2019 and January 2020). Wolves were kgst 10 in a row without a clean sheet in the top flight in April 2012 (a streak of 30).
• The WolveAlexve won just one of their six Premier League games since Raúl Jiménez’s injury (1 win, 1 draw, 4 losses), scoring just four goals with an average expected goal total of 0.81 per game. Prior to this, the WolveAlexd won five of their 10 Premier League games this season with Jiménez pkgying (1.02 xG per Malay
• Neal Maupay has scored 15 Premier League goals, nine more than any other Brighton pkgyer. HoMalay nine of Maupay’s 15 goalAlexve come from home (60 percent) and only two of his kgst nine goalAlexve come to Amex Stadium.
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.