The Detroit Lions (0-0) will attempt to prove punters wrong when they enter the field against the San Francisco 49ers (0-0) on Sunday, Sept. 12, 2021 as an 8-point underdog. The over / under is set to 45 points for the output.
For more information on gambling and fantasy, join the SI Winners Club newsletter.
San Francisco 49ers vs. Detroit Lions Game Information
- Game’s Day: Sunday, September 12, 2021
- Game time: 1:00 pm ET
- Television channel: FOX
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Ford Field
Odds for 49ers vs. Lions
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite spread odds||Spread quotas of the underdog||Total||More than total odds||Below Total Odds||Favorite money line||Underdog Money Line|
More or less information
- Of the 16 games last year, San Francisco played eight with more than 45 points scored, the total for their current meeting.
- Detroit played 15 games last season (93.8% chance) in which teams combined to score more than 45 points.
- These two teams averaged a combined 47.1 points per game a season ago, 2.1 points more than the 45 over / under set for this game.
- The 49ers and Lions saw their opponents averaging a combined 11.8 more points per game last season than 45 over / under in this meeting.
- The 49ers’ overall point average in games last year was 2.1 points more than the 45 over / under in this meeting.
- The Lions’ game average total in 2020 was six points more than the 45 point total for this outing.
49ers stats and trends
- San Francisco covered seven times on 16 chances against the spread last season.
- The 49ers didn’t cover the margin when they were favored by 8 points or more last season (twice).
- Click on to SISportsbook and bet on the 49ers against the spread.
- Last season, the combined score topped the point total eight times in San Francisco games.
- Last year, the 49ers scored 8.9 fewer points per game (23.5) than the Lions gave up (32.4).
- San Francisco was 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall in games when it posted more than 32.4 points last year.
- The 49ers averaged 370.1 yards per game last year, 49.7 yards less than the 419.8 the Lions allowed per game.
- San Francisco was 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall when the team totaled more than 419.8 yards last year.
- Last year, the 49ers turned the ball over 31 times, 19 more than the Lions (12).
Lion statistics and trends
- Detroit covered seven times on 16 chances against the spread last season.
- The Lions covered the differential once when they trailed by 8 points or more last year (three times).
- Detroit games reached more than 10 of 16 times last season.
- Do you want to bet under in this match? check SISportsbook and make your choice.
- The Lions racked up just 0.8 fewer points per game (23.6) than the 49ers gave up (24.4) last season.
- Detroit was 5-3 against the spread and 4-4 overall in games when it posted more than 24.4 points last year.
- The Lions collected 35.8 more yards per game (350.2) than the 49ers allowed per game (314.4) last year.
- In games that Detroit racked up more than 314.4 yards last season, the team was 6-5 against the spread and 5-6 overall.
- The Lions turned the ball over once more (21 total) than the 49ers forced turnovers (20) last year.
49ers Top Players
- Jimmy Garoppolo threw for 1,096 yards last season (137 yards per game) while completing 67.1% of his passes (94 of 140), with seven touchdowns and five interceptions.
- check SISportsbook for player support bets for Garoppolo and his teammates, then place a bet.
- Raheem Mostert had 104 carries for 521 rushing yards a season ago (52.1 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns. He also caught 16 passes for 156 yards (15.6 receiving yards per game) with a touchdown through the air.
- Last season, JaMycal Hasty rushed for 148 yards on 39 carries (18.5 ypg), with a rushing touchdown.
- Last season, Brandon Aiyuk was attacked 96 times and recorded 60 receptions for 748 yards (53.4 ypg) while scoring five touchdowns.
- George Kittle also contributed 48 grabs for 634 yards and two touchdowns last year. He was attacked 63 times and averaged 63.4 yards per game.
- Deebo Samuel racked up 391 yards on 33 receptions with a touchdown last year, averaging 32.6 yards per game on 44 goals.
Lions Top Players
- Jared Goff threw for 3,952 yards and completed 67% of his passes (370 of 552), with 20 touchdowns and 13 interceptions last year (247 yards per game).
- A season ago, D’Andre Swift had 521 rushing yards (32.6 yards per game) and scored eight touchdowns. He added 46 receptions for 357 yards (22.3 receiving yards per game) with two receiving touchdowns.
- Jamaal Williams totaled 505 rushing yards on 119 carries (33.7 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground last season. He also caught 31 passes for 236 (15.7 yards per game) and a touchdown.
- TJ Hockenson caught 67 passes for 723 yards last season with six touchdowns. He was attacked 101 times and averaged 45.2 yards per game.
- Find the latest odds and place your bets on Hockenson to hit your player props on SISportsbook.
- Quintez Cephus racked up 349 yards on 20 receptions with two touchdowns in 2020, averaging 21.8 yards per game (on 35 goals).
Developed by DataSkrive
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.