The leader of the World Cup Formula 1, the Dutchman Max Verstappen, has achieved the pole of the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix, in which he will come out ahead of the current champion, the British Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes); with the Mexican Sergio ‘Checo’ Pérez (Red Bull), third and Carlos Sáinz (Ferrari), sixth.
In the seventeenth round of the World Cup, which is held in the Circuit of the Americas, in Austin (Texas), there will be a new fight for the title between the first two classified, who are separated by six points.
The Mexican Checo Pérez, the best of the last two free practice sessions of the weekend will start from behind, which can help his teammate in the battle for the World Cup.
Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes), it was the fourth time of Q3, but will penalize with five positions for having changed the internal combustion engine and the exhaust, which will start ninth.
Behind the Red Bulls and the Mercedes were the two Ferraris, with the Monegasque Charles Leclerc in fifth position and the Spanish Carlos Sainz sixth, one tenth, but fifth on the grid due to the penalty of bottas.
United States GP race schedule
.1. Max Verstappen (HOL/Red Bull): 1:32.910
.2. Lewis Hamilton (GBR/Mercedes): 1:33.119
.3. Sergio Pérez (MEX / Red Bull): 1: 33.134
.4. Valtteri Bottas (FIN / Mercedes) *: 1: 33.475
.5. Charles Leclerc (MON / Ferrari): 1: 33.606
.6. Carlos Sainz (ESP / Ferrari): 1: 33.792
.7. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS / McLaren): 1: 33.808
.8. Lando Norris GBR / McLaren): 1: 33.887
.9. Pierre Gasly (FRA / AlphaTauri): 1: 34.118
10. Lando Norris GBR / McLaren): 1: 34.918
11. Esteban Ocon (FRA/Alpine): 1:35.377
12. Sebastian Vettel (ALE / Aston Martin) **: 1: 35.500
13. Antonio Giovinazzi (ITA / Alfa Romeo): 1: 35.794
14. Fernando Alonso (ESP/Alpine)**: 1:44.549
15. George Russell (GBR/Williams)**: -.
16. Lance Stroll (CAN/Aston Martin): 1:35.983
17. Nicholas Latifi (CAN/Williams):1:35.995
18. Kimi Raikkonen (FIN / Alfa Romeo): 1: 36.311
19. Mick Schumacher (ALE / Haas): 1: 36.499
20. Nikita Mazepin (RUS/Haas): 1:36.796
* Bottas will leave five places behind the one he obtained in qualifying for changing the internal combustion engine of his car.
** Alonso, Vettel and Russell will start from the back of the grid for changing their power units.
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.