With the return of Enzo Roco to Elche, the sixth round of a member of the team that defended the French-green interests in the 2014/15 season, of unfortunate memory because, despite achieving with some ease the permanence in the field of play, the entity ended up being sanctioned and relegated to Second Division in the offices.
The Chilean center-back takes, in this way, the same return path that the players did at the time. Sergio Pelegrín, Edu Albacar, Jonathan of Jesus Y Victor Rodriguez. The sextet is closed by the coach Fran Scribe, who is the only one of all who will coincide with Enzo Roco in the season that has already started with the summer work.
Pelegrín and Albacar
Sergio Pelegrín and Edu Albacar were the first members of that team to return. They did it a year after the traumatic summer of 2015. Pelegrín, who had been promoted with Alavés to Primera being fixed for Bordalás, hung up his boots in that 2016/17. Albacar, for his part, had retired and went back to dressing short to play two more years as franjiverde. Both lived together another dramatic situation, the fall of the team to Second Division B. The left-handed side, at least, was able to remove the thorn and help the return to the silver category.
Jonathas and Victor
Jonathas de Jesus and Víctor Rodríguez formed an excellent duo in 2014/15 with Elche. The Brazilian became known to the general public with a great season that earned him to sign for Real Sociedad after a bizarre departure from the club from Elche, in which even his media agent Mino Raiola came to criticize the then Franco-green leaders. Victor, for his part, was the ideal complement to the striker and continued his career in First with Getafe.
Neither of them lived a course as good as the one they shared in the city of palms. The little playmaker suffered two consecutive descents with Getafe and Sporting de Gijón, before heading to the United States to leave evident samples of his quality in Major League Soccer with the Seattle Sounders. Jonathas, for his part, He did not settle either in San Sebastián or later in his stages at Rubin Kazan, Hannover 96 and Corinthians.
The return to Elche of both occurred practically at the same time, during the 2020 winter market. Both were part of the team that returned to the First Division. The forward left for the United Arab Emirates last summer to play for Al-Sharjah and the Hatta Club, while Victor barely had a leading role either with Jorge Almirón or Escribá. After finishing his contract, right now he is without a team.
The team’s last comeback from 2015 before Enzo Roco’s came last February, with the return to the Elche bench of Fran Escribá. The Valencian coach, an idol at Martínez Valero after having achieved promotion to the First Division in 2013 and two consecutive stays, later managed Getafe, Villarreal and Celta, all in the First Division. With the Castellón team he came to play a European competition.
With Elche on a very negative streak of results and after Almirón’s resignation / dismissal, Christian Bragarnik gave Escribá chevrons to try to reactivate a team that was heading towards the Second Division. It was not easy, but the goal was achieved, thanks to a heart attack ending in which the franjiverdes managed to beat Cádiz and Athletic in the last two days and took advantage of Huesca de Pacheta’s stumbling blocks. At the end of the season, Escribá renewed for one more year, so this campaign will be his fifth as coach of the franjiverde.
Situation of the rest of Elche 14/15
With regard to the rest of the main members of that Elche and, briefly, this is the situation of each one:
- Victor Orta (sports director): head of the sports area of Leeds United, a Premier League team
- Tobacco: He has played for FC Cincinnati in the US MLS since 2019. He ends contract in December. He also went through Stuttgart and Deportivo
- Damien Suarez: settled in Getafe, where he has been since 2015. He is going to fulfill his seventh season as a azulón
- Sunday Schism: retired in 2017 after playing for Córdoba for two years. He is in the coaching staff of Cartagena
- Lomban: at Malaga since 2018 after having passed through Granada and Eibar
- Faisal: He has played for Turkish Sivasspor since last year, where he arrived from Getafe. Before he went through Deportivo and Caen
- Pasalic: At Atalanta since 2018. The Italian club paid Chelsea 14.5 million for him last summer. International with Croatia, he scored Spain in the Eurocup. Passed through Monaco, Milan and Spartak of Moscow
- Mosquera: without a team after having descended with Huesca, where he had been for two years. Before he was a member of Deportivo
- Garry Rodrigues: He has been in Saudi Arabia since 2019, playing for Al-Ittihad, who paid 9 million for him to Turkish Galatasaray. PAOK and Fenerbahçe have been his other clubs
- Manu Herrera: recently promoted to Second RFEF with Intercity, previously he put on gloves in Zaragoza, Betis, Osasuna and Atlético Baleares
- Adrián: He has played for Zaragoza since last year, after having done so in Eibar and Malaga
- Choir: without a team after having finalized the contract with Atlético Baleares. Before he played in Mallorca, the Cypriot Doxa and the Indian Goa
- Aaron Ñíguez: contract with La Nucía ended, so he is without a team. Previously he was at Sporting de Braga, Tenerife, Oviedo, Johor de Malaysia and Málaga
- Pol: followed the following season in Elche. From there he went to Fuenlabrada in January 2017, where he has remained all this time he saved a course in Reus
- Cristian Herrera: without a team after having finalized the contract with Lugo. Before he passed through Almería and Girona
- Jose Angel: another one that followed after relegation in 2015. He has been playing for Lee Man in Hong Kong since last October. He was active in Mallorca, Eastern (also from Hong Kong) and Unionists
- Alvaro: He also continued in 2015 to leave and end up being Pichichi de Segunda. Now he is in Cádiz, after having played in Alcorcón, Almería, Birmingham City and Mallorca
- Rafa Galvez (Albacete), Samu (Arandina), Fragapane (Minnesota United), Mario arques (Kelantan) y Peral (Athletic Torrellano) also played an official match that 2014/15
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.