Nature is wise and puts within our reach powerful ingredients, to improve health and accelerate weight loss. Not in vain in recent months natural remedies are the hottest topic, the truth is that it is about ancient techniques that have worked for years as a healthy alternative with no side effects.
Taking into account that we all want to be at a healthy weight, not only for aesthetic reasons but as an important health measure; have come to light all kinds of slimming remedies. Such is the case of famous fenugreek seeds, which are associated with a long list of health benefits, ranging from the regulation of blood sugar and cholesterol levels, to fighting digestive problems, including common conditions like bloating and constipation.
The alholva, fenogreco o fenugreco (Trigonella foenum-graecum) is a species of flowering plant belonging to the Fabaceae family. They stand out for being widely used in oriental cuisine, although for many years are valued for their therapeutic ability which is related to active principles present in the seeds, which give it digestive, laxative, aperitive, hepatoprotective, lipid-lowering, hypoglycemic, antianemic, restorative, antioxidant, emmenagogue, emollient, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antiseptic and galactogenic virtues. However, not many people know that you are magic seeds, they are also a great ally for accelerate weight loss. One of the main reasons is associated with its great amount of essential nutrients which include vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and above all, soluble and insoluble fiber.
The benefits of fenugreek seeds for weight loss:
- One of the great characteristics of fenugreek seeds, it lies in its fiber content. It is well known that fiber is a fundamental nutrient for weight loss, not only helps curb appetite which is vital for control cravings for overeating. Its content in galactomannan is particularly striking, a water soluble fiber, which has the ability to increase the feeling of fullness as the stomach swells and fills.
- Fenugreek seeds act as a bitter tonic, which is helpful for regulate digestion. It is important to ensure good digestion to speed up metabolism and allow the elimination of waste, salts and fats, which are usually relate to being overweight.
- The active compounds in fenugreek seeds give them antioxidant properties, which in turn are associated with a powerful anti-inflammatory effect. This is an important aspect in weight loss, as it helps eliminate fluid retention, which in many cases is one of the main causes of overweight.
- For the high presence of mucilages, acts as a restorer of the digestive mucosa and promotes bowel movement, it is a very useful drink as a mild laxative and a great remedy in cases of constipation.
How to use fenugreek seeds to lose weight?
Fenugreek seed water ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons fenugreek seeds
- 500 ml of purified water
- 2 slices of fresh lemon
Step by Step:
- Soak the fenugreek seeds in the 1/2 liter of purified water and allow them to steep overnight.
- Before consuming add two slices of fresh lemon.
- It is advised to drink this concoction on an empty stomach as soon as you wake up (fasting). This will induce a feeling of fullness and fight bloating and other digestive ailments.
- You can also consume half a glass, half an hour before the main meals.
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.