The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (0-1) are highly favored by 24 points over the FCS Grambling Tigers on Saturday, September 11, 2021 at MM Roberts Stadium. The total of points is 47.5.
For more information on gambling and fantasy, join the SI Winners Club newsletter.
Southern Miss vs. Granmbling odds
Odds courtesy of Sports betting YES.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite spread odds||Spread quotas of the underdog||Total||More than total odds||Below Total Odds|
Over / Under Insights
- The two teams’ combined average points per game, 23, is 24.5 points less than Saturday’s over / under.
- The combined 41 points per game that these two squads have allowed this season are 6.5 less than the 47.5 total in this contest.
- Golden Eagles games this season boast a total average of 55.0 points, a number 7.5 points higher than Saturday’s over / under.
Southern Miss statistics and trends
- The Golden Eagles took a 31-7 loss last time when they faced the South Alabama Jaguars. The Jaguars were listed as 1.5 point underdogs and won against that margin.
- Find the latest odds and place a bet on Golden Eagles against the spread on SISportsbook.
- The two teams combined to go below total points (55).
- The Golden Eagles accumulate 3.0 points less per game (7.0) than the Tigers surrender (10.0).
- The Golden Eagles are averaging 258.0 yards per game, 28.0 yards more than the 230.0 yards the Tigers give up per game.
- The Golden Eagles have turned the ball over four times this season, four more turnovers than the Tigers have forced (0).
Grade Statistics and Trends
- Do you think this game will be below the total? Go to SISportsbook for the latest odds and prices, and place your bets.
- The Tigers are averaging 16.0 points per game, 15.0 less than the Golden Eagles (31.0).
- The Tigers are averaging 116.0 fewer yards per game (184.0) than the Golden Eagles allow (300.0).
- The Tigers have turned the ball zero times, one less time than the Golden Eagles have forced turnovers (1).
Southern Miss Top Players
- This year, Trey Lowe III has registered 133 passing yards (133.0 yards per game) while going 13-of-29 (44.8% completion percentage) and throwing two interceptions. He has added 24 rushing yards on 19 carries with a touchdown, averaging 24.0 yards per game.
- Frank Gore Jr. has produced 81 rushing yards (81.0 per game), the team’s best, and zero touchdowns. He has scored a reception for 23 yards (23.0 yards per game).
- Jakarius Caston has three receptions, leading his team with 38 yards (38.0 ypg) this season.
- Brad Dennis has contributed three receptions for 26 yards this year. Puts 26.0 receiving yards per game.
- Demarcus Jones has 24 receiving yards on three receptions, averaging 24.0 yards per game.
Top ranking players
- Elijah Walker has thrown for 43 yards completing 36.4% of his passes (4 of 11), with one touchdown and one interception this year (43.0 yards per game). He also carried the ball 17 times for 77 yards and a touchdown, averaging 77.0 yards per game.
- CJ Russell has 36 yards on 11 carries (36.0 ypg).
- Jaye Patrick has caught a team-best 18-yard catch and a touchdown. He averages 18.0 receiving yards per game.
- Greg White has added 17 yards (on one catch).
Game Information Southern Miss Golden Eagles vs. Grambling Tigers
- Game’s Day: Saturday, September 11, 2021
- Game time: 7:00 pm ET
- Television channel: ESPN3
- Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- Stadium: MM Roberts Stadium
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.