The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have yet to be contacted by Buckingham Palace after it announced that it would launch an investigation into allegations of harassment by the Duchess, The Guardian understands.
Harry and Meghan will not be personally involved in the investigation as they are no longer part of the royal house, but it is understood that the Los Angeles-based couple are looking forward to hearing the details of what the process will entail.
The stark illustration of how separate the two sides remain came after it emerged that the Duchess of Sussex had said that she could not be expected to remain silent about her experiences of life at the palace if the royal family is “perpetuating falsehoods” about her and Prince Harry. .
Disregarding the consequences of speaking out, Meghan said that many things “had already been lost.”
In a second trailer for the couple’s long-awaited interview, American chat show host Oprah Winfrey asks the Duchess: “How do you feel about the palace hearing you speak your truth today?”
In the 30-second clip, posted by CBS before the interview, which will air on Sunday, Meghan responds: “I don’t know how you could expect that, after all this time, we will remain silent if there is an active role that the company is playing to perpetuate falsehoods about us. “
Meanwhile, it also emerged last night that the Palace is as dark about the interview as any member of the British public who expects to see it. It is understood that the Sussexes themselves have not received any “final cuts” from the producers.
In the clip, the Duchess goes on to refer to “the signature,” which is short for the institution of the royal family.
The interview was recorded before claims were published in the Times this week that the Duchess had allegedly intimidated former royal staff, leaving some of them in tears and removing two from their palace roles.
The claims centered on an email sent by the couple’s former communications chief Jason Knauf in October 2018, five months after the couple’s wedding, allegedly in an attempt to force Buckingham Palace to protect staff. the Times reported.
Buckingham Palace ordered an unprecedented investigation into the claims, believed to be the first such investigation into the alleged actions of a member of higher royalty, and stressed that it does not tolerate harassment.
Past and current employees will be invited to speak confidently about their experiences working for Meghan, after it was alleged that she “humiliated” staff on several occasions and “destroyed” one while another was left in tears.
Harry and Meghan will not be part of the process. The palace hopes to begin the investigation as soon as possible and will report any changes in procedures that may result at a later time.
The couple’s spokesman has said that Meghan is “saddened by this latest attack on her character” and, as a target of harassment, was “deeply committed to those who have experienced pain and trauma.”
Sources close to the couple suggested that the appearance of the bullying allegations had been timed to undermine the couple’s interview with Winfrey.
The couple’s lawyers told the Times that “Buckingham Palace was using it to sell a totally false narrative based on misleading and harmful information.”
The newspaper had claimed that multiple sources said that Meghan had longed for rejection and wanted to be a victim, so her “excruciating experience” would convince Harry that they had to leave the UK, which her lawyers have denied.
The Sussexes believed their staff were comfortable and happy, their attorneys said.
Sources are said to have approached the newspaper out of concerns that the painted image of Meghan in Winfrey’s interview was not complete.
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism