Wednesday, December 1

Tennis player Peng Shuai “will appear in public soon,” according to an official Chinese media


One of the images of Peng Shuai posted on Twitter.

One of the images of Peng Shuai posted on Twitter.

The tennis player Peng Shuai “is at home and will appear in public soon”said the director of a Chinese newspaper affiliated with the government on Saturday amid growing international concerns about the player’s whereabouts.

Citing his own “sources,” Hu Xijin of the official Global Times newspaper tweeted that Peng “you have stayed at home for the past few days because you did not want to be disturbed“.

He will appear in public soon and participate in some activities“Hu said in remarks that follow alleged images of the tennis player released this Friday -also on Twitter, half banned in the Asian country- in which, surrounded by stuffed animals, she wished for a “happy weekend”.

Is about the first images that appear of the tennis player since concern about her disappearance began to grow more than two weeks ago, although it is impossible to determine when and where the photographs were taken.

In the pictures, retweeted by journalist Shen Shiwei from state broadcaster CGTN, you can see the tennis player surrounded by stuffed animals wishing a “happy weekend” through the social network Wechat.

The Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) who claimed “verifiable evidence” that the player is safe, has not yet ruled on these images.

The former number one in the world in doubles is Missing since last November 2, she accused former Chinese Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli of sexually abusing her.

Also the ATP, through its president Andrea Gaudenzi, pointed out on Friday that the tennis player’s safety is the priority right now and that it is “vital” that there be some direct contact with her.

Anteriorly, lThe CGTN television station sent another alleged statement from the tennis player in which she denied the abuses and assured that she was fine.

Both the WTA and other organizations such as Amnesty International and the UN have questioned the veracity of that statement.

Earlier this month, Peng, 35, currently world number 189, claimed through her Weibo social network profile that Zhang, 75, had sexually abused her, in a post that disappeared from the internet twenty minutes later.

Any reference to the tennis player or the case remains completely banned on social networks and official Chinese media.

Peng led the world doubles rankings in 2012 and won Wimbledon and Roland Garros, which led her to the pinnacle of tennis in her country.




www.informacion.es

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share