The Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-0) are a huge 20-point favorite heading into their meeting on Saturday, September 18, 2021, against the Florida International Panthers (1-1). The game has over / under 54 points.
For more information on gambling and fantasy, join the SI Winners Club newsletter.
Odds for Texas Tech vs. Florida International
Odds courtesy of Sports betting YES.
Over / Under Insights
- Saturday’s over / under is 11.5 points lower than the two teams’ combined average of 65.5 points per game.
- The total for this contest is 16.0 points above the 38 that these two teams combine to surrender per game this season.
- The Red Raiders and their opponents have scored an average of 58.3 points per game in 2021, 4.3 more than Saturday’s total.
- In 2021, games involving the Panthers have averaged a total of 55.5 points, 1.5 more than the total established in this contest.
Texas Tech Trends and Statistics
- Texas Tech has covered the spread on one occasion this year.
- This season, the Red Raiders are winless ATS when they enter a game as 20-point or higher favorites.
- The Red Raiders scored 16.5 more points per game (33.0) than the Panthers allow (16.5).
- Texas Tech is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall this season when the team scores more than 16.5 points.
- The Red Raiders have 56.0 more yards per game (369.5) than the Panthers give per game (313.5).
- Texas Tech is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall when the team has more than 313.5 yards.
- This year, the Red Raiders have delivered the ball five times, five more than the Panthers (0).
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Texas Tech at SISportsbook.
Florida International Statistics and Trends
- The Panthers scored 32.5 points per game, 11.0 more than the Red Raiders allow (21.5).
- The Panthers accumulate 184.0 more yards per game (497.0) than the Red Raiders give up per game (313.0).
- Florida International is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall as the team accumulates more than 313.0 yards.
- The Panthers have four gifts this season, while the Red Raiders have four gifts.
- Go to SISportsbook to find the last money line, margin, and over / under odds for this pairing.
Top Texas Tech Players
- Tyler Shough leads the team with 231 passing yards (231.0 yards per game) and has a 70.8% completion percentage this year (17 of 24) while throwing a touchdown.
- Tahj Brooks has rushed the team-leading 134 yards on 15 attempts (134.0 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- So far this year, Myles Price has rushed for 8 yards on two carries (8.0 ypg).
- This season, Erik Ezukanma has seven receptions for a total of 179 receiving yards (179.0 per game).
- Travis Koontz has caught four receptions for 28 yards (28.0 yards per game).
- This season, Kaylon Geiger is averaging 11.0 yards per game, with three receptions for 11 yards.
Florida International Top Players
- Max Bortenschlager leads the team with 266 passing yards (266.0 yards per game) and has a completion percentage of 82.4% this year (14 of 17) while throwing two touchdowns with an interception. He also has 12 rushing yards on three carries, averaging 12.0 yards per game.
- D’Vonte Price has amassed 165 yards rushing (165.0 yards per game), a team-high, and scored three touchdowns.
- EJ Wilson Jr. has 43 yards on five carries (43.0 ypg).
- This season, Bryce Singleton has six catches and leads the team with 149 yards (149.0 per game) while carrying a touchdown.
- Tyrese Chambers’ stat line this year shows three receptions for 67 yards and a touchdown. Puts 67.0 receiving yards per game.
- Rivaldo Fairweather has caught a pass for 20 yards, averaging 20.0 yards per game this year.
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.